2020 Rocket engine guard heat.

I found this Carbon fiber dealer for R3 from England much cheaper than any other location that I have seen. I'll be placing my order soon.

Attachments

• 180677817_3897003753669579_7304708072896876431_n.jpg
    180677817_3897003753669579_7304708072896876431_n.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 42
I found this Carbon fiber dealer for R3 from England much cheaper than any other location that I have seen. I'll be placing my order soon.

I put the same up yesterday, the bloke seems decent to deal with, just a bit of a lead time for non stocked items..

A company in Germany

KR Techno is from Belgium, i´ve taken a closer look to their parts they made and i´m waiting for a company which makes carbon fibre parts in german quality.. KR Techno is overpriced for the quality they deliver to the customer imho.

So, I'm about to get carbon fiber heat shields and I just ordered screws to attach it that are made out of PEEK (Polyether-ether-ketone) plastic that has a very low thermal expansion co-efficient and is resistant against heat up to 500f.

The resin that coats most carbon fiber pieces is very heat resistant and has very low thermal expansion and they will be attached with material that is also very low thermal expansion. My hope is that I'm able to touch the shields with bare skin, after a long run, without getting burnt. I'll report back when I get the parts in and test everything out. Total price for the shields (carbonfbr.com) and the PEEK fasteners (mcmaster.com)--I got screws and washers--and shipping is going to run me about $260 USD, which I find to be a great deal in comparison to KR-techno.

It'll probably be a month or more before I get everything in, since the shields are made to order and there's probably a waiting list.

I would say normal temp near the head is 450 F near the head so u r cutting it pretty close at 500F

So, I'm about to get carbon fiber heat shields and I just ordered screws to attach it that are made out of PEEK (Polyether-ether-ketone) plastic that has a very low thermal expansion co-efficient and is resistant against heat up to 500f.

The resin that coats most carbon fiber pieces is very heat resistant and has very low thermal expansion and they will be attached with material that is also very low thermal expansion. My hope is that I'm able to touch the shields with bare skin, after a long run, without getting burnt. I'll report back when I get the parts in and test everything out. Total price for the shields (carbonfbr.com) and the PEEK fasteners (mcmaster.com)--I got screws and washers--and shipping is going to run me about $260 USD, which I find to be a great deal in comparison to KR-techno.

It'll probably be a month or more before I get everything in, since the shields are made to order and there's probably a waiting list.
When i used the header wrap material cut to fit under my metal guards, i used fiber washers on both sides of the screws to further isolate heat transfer
from the pipe to the guards. Had to purchase longer stainless screws as they were too short after adding the washers.
After a long ride or even sitting in traffic, i can touch the guards and not get burned. Using an infrared laser thermometer
the guards never get over 123 degrees. The header wrap and hi-temp silicone sealer works well along with the washers.

I would say normal temp near the head is 450 F near the head so u r cutting it pretty close at 500F
Yea but it's the highest low transfer material I could find that is available for a reasonable price. There's ceramics and zirconia but most places either don't sell in small amounts AND want ~15-25 USD for EACH screw. I'll have to trial and error with these PEEK ones that cost me ~12 usd for the 6 I need.

Yea but it's the highest low transfer material I could find that is available for a reasonable price. There's ceramics and zirconia but most places either don't sell in small amounts AND want ~15-25 USD for EACH screw. I'll have to trial and error with these PEEK ones that cost me ~12 usd for the 6 I need.
I just used longer stainless screws purchased at ACE Hardware.. They werent TORX head, but the thread was the same. The fiber washers did a good job of keeping
the heat transfer down. The header wrap did the rest.. The screws transfer a LOT of the heat to the stock shields. The carbon fiber should really work well using
the fiber washers. The washers were found in the plumbing dept at ACE for faucet repair.

I just used longer stainless screws purchased at ACE Hardware.. They werent TORX head, but the thread was the same. The fiber washers did a good job of keeping
the heat transfer down. The header wrap did the rest.. The screws transfer a LOT of the heat to the stock shields. The carbon fiber should really work well using
the fiber washers. The washers were found in the plumbing dept at ACE for faucet repair.
Yea I have some PEEK washers ready to go

Back