2020 Rocket engine guard heat.

They're charging 250 euros for SHIPPING to Arizona. The shipping costs more than the ****ing items.
That's what they're quoting every country outside the EU. It's either a placeholder number or they don't want to ship internationally. Maybe send them an email and ask for a shipping quote.

Tried all of this things will little or no difference. Waste of effort. I am thinking this is a possible solution

That's what they're quoting every country outside the EU. It's either a placeholder number or they don't want to ship internationally. Maybe send them an email and ask for a shipping quote.
Did and it's 68 euros. Still pricey but less scary than that 250 number.

Might purchase them but I'm definitely going to wait until someone else posts some results from theirs before I commit to it.

Last edited:
Has anyone considered or perhaps already tried using aerogel or pyrogel as a liner on the inside of the guards? I was thinking perhaps a layer or two of the aerogel against the guard and then a layer of gold foil on top of that. The gold foil would help deflect the heat and the aerogel underneath would act to further prevent heat transfer to the guard.

Last edited:
Has anyone considered or perhaps already tried using aerogel or pyrogel as a liner on the inside of the guards? I was thinking perhaps a layer or two of the aerogel against the guard and then a layer of gold foil on top of that. The gold foil would help deflect the heat and the aerogel underneath would act to further prevent heat transfer to the guard.
Looking into aerogel insulation atm

EDIT:

Did a quick and dirty wrap of fiberglass/aerogel insulation around one of my headers, under the heat shield to get an idea of how effective it might be.

After a 10 minute idle my two non-wrapped heat shields were too hot to touch reading ~170-175f but the one that had the aerogel insulation under it was reading about 93f. Looks promising.

Once I find some proper high heat adhesive I'm going to cut the insulation to fit onto the heat shields for a cleaner look, though the smaller surface area of the insulation being used will probably weaken the result a bit.

Last edited:
Back