@tribal , is that the Yankee i know from many years back? if he is, tell him i say hi:)

No, I'm the one that's coming down/over from upstate NY.
We met briefly at MV - I was staying across the street.

Google maps says it is about an additional 1,800 mile scenic side trip on my way to Daytona via PA/OH/KY/TN/AR/TX/LA/MS/AL.

I picked up a screw in my CT in Massachusetts last week (left it alone as its holding air and makes for a good conversation starter)
and the Raptor is starting to show its age after 24,000 miles so I ordered another one plus a spare for $102 each.

I'd like to get a nice even 25K out of it and then put the new one on for the trip.

@tribal I didn't realize you were from Fairport, so is Dave who was at Maggie Valley with me on the BMW, about 65 miles from me.

Claviger, you are da'maaaan.
Teamwork, works every time. We will make the rally fun even while off the bikes. As of now we are 17 people to feed. I have to call Pecan Farms to see how the kitchen is equipped. We will have the MKX to go to the store if necessary. There are places to get ice, water, beer and booze. I'll bring some pork tenderloins for you to cook. If I find some beef for a fair price, ill get it. Claviger, what do you want to cook with that meat? Which dinner do you want to prepare it for? All dates from Thursday 10th to Sunday 14th are open.
trying to figure out if I can make it are these the dates set in stone? Oct. 10th to the 14th?

Nope, not making a 6000 mile trip to ride a bike that bores me at Rocket speeds and if I ride to the point it's fun, ill be all alone :(
Some or should i say most of my Friends call me the midnight cowboy. Ride solo. Only made one run to Maggie Valley riding with people. Enjoyed it very much. The run to Texas will be solo. Like it that way. Nothing personal. Like the solo headlight on a highway with no others. Not antisocial just enjoy the ride.

Back