10-13 Oct. Some will arrive on the 9th and leave the 14th.

San Antonio is the closest Int'l airport. Quite a few of us riding from Houston, so IAH could be a possibility for you. Also some from Dallas, so DFW.

IAH and DFW are 3-4 hours ride each way depending on your speed if the ticket prices look good to you.

10-13 Oct. Some will arrive on the 9th and leave the 14th.

San Antonio is the closest Int'l airport. Quite a few of us riding from Houston, so IAH could be a possibility for you. Also some from Dallas, so DFW.

IAH and DFW are 3-4 hours ride each way depending on your speed if the ticket prices look good to you.
Thank you. Every little bit of info helps in the planning. Got right royally 'sorted out' for MV...
Leakey and the accommodation look to be a wonderful place, brilliant roads along with the landscape. Will probably arrive a bit earlier and leave a bit later and take my time. Been trying to work out the weather conditions for that time of year... hints would be welcome!!

The information Anthony posted is correct. HOU is Hobby airport on the south side of town so you have one more option depending on your travel plan.

Are you making this trip just to come ride with us in Leakey? Wow :eek: What are you going to ride?

I live in the south side. Tony lives on the north side. That's Houston. My plan is to drive to Leakey the 9th or 10th of October and return on Monday the 14th in the morning. It is an 8 hour ride from Leakey to my house. Are you traveling alone or are you bringing your wing? Let us know of your plans so we can accommodate you if we need to.

Last edited:
The information Anthony posted is correct. HOU is Hobby airport on the south side of town so you have one more option depending on your travel plan.

Are you making this trip just to come ride with us in Leakey? Wow :eek: What are you going to ride?

I live in the south side. Tony lives on the north side. My plan is to drive to Leakey the 9th or 10th of October and return on Monday the 14th in the morning. It is an 8 hour ride from Leakey to my house. Are you traveling alone or are you bringing your wing? Let us know of your plans so we can accommodate you if we need to.
Right...here we go! I'll be travelling alone - she hates bikes that aren't hers and the Rocket especially...looking to hire a bike but will be looking to make more of it than just the 3 days. All advice accepted naturally

Right...here we go! I'll be travelling alone - she hates bikes that aren't hers and the Rocket especially...looking to hire a bike but will be looking to make more of it than just the 3 days. All advice accepted naturally
If you had enough time you could fly to Tulsa and ride the "community"rocket to leaky, it is a 9 hr ride, that i have made a few times offer is open:)

Back