2013 R3R Exhaust Options?

Got my new Tor's put on. I like em! Not loud at all, but a deeper "growl". Really easy job too. Hardest part is trying to keep those nuts in the slots, (after I figured out they go into the slots! Ha!) Only problem I had, was the left side can came with some rust, but the company is being very nice about it. Did nothing other than a 12 min tune, then took it for a 30 mile ride. Seems lean, a little hotter feeling on the legs. However I noticed I hit the rev limit a few times, without expecting to!:eek: Seems to be a bit "quicker". I will hook up TuneEcu tomorrow and play. Right now I'm running basically the stock tune, but I tweaked the secondaries, rev limit to 6500 and top speed.:D

Got my new Tor's put on. I like em! Not loud at all, but a deeper "growl". Really easy job too. Hardest part is trying to keep those nuts in the slots, (after I figured out they go into the slots! Ha!) Only problem I had, was the left side can came with some rust, but the company is being very nice about it. Did nothing other than a 12 min tune, then took it for a 30 mile ride. Seems lean, a little hotter feeling on the legs. However I noticed I hit the rev limit a few times, without expecting to!:eek: Seems to be a bit "quicker". I will hook up TuneEcu tomorrow and play. Right now I'm running basically the stock tune, but I tweaked the secondaries, rev limit to 6500 and top speed.:D

Yeah wait till reprogram that beast, then you'll wake it up.:eek:

And I to can never get my nuts in the slots. Must be a guy thing. :p

Just some advice. I ordered my TORS from puretriumph.com: OPEN the box and check BOTH cans. I looked at the first one I took out of the box, (right side) and it was perfect. Went ahead and installed the right side, took out the left side, and found rust spots, mostly towards the end of the can. Couple of spots were deep, all the way through the chrome. Took some pics with my cell phone. Sprayed a little rust inhibitor on the spots, and installed it. At first the seller was very helpful. I even volunteered to pay for another left side can in advance, and would then send this rusty one back for credit or whatever. No deal, they want the whole box back, or nothing. Just a lesson learned. BTW, my box of TORS, had made a few trips around the country, according to all the shipping stickers on it. I've read that they are getting scarce?

Thank you for your order from Pure Triumph

Pure Triumph is operated by Triumph of Pompano Beach - an authorized
Tri_Black60x24.jpg
Dealer
Pure Triumph Receipt
*** PLEASE PRINT RECEIPT OUT AND RETAIN IT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ***

Order Number 101958
Customer ID 91940
Order Date 9/7/2013 3:38:29 PM

Bill To:

Hidden By Amazon
Immokalee, FL 34143
United States
cooterbr549@gmail.com Ship To:

Hidden By Amazon
LABELLE, FL 33935
United States

Order Date: 9/7/2013 3:38:29 PM Locale/Currency: en-US / USD
Payment Method: CHECKOUTBYAMAZON

SKU: Product Quantity Price Ext. Price
A9608077 Triumph Rocket III Accessory Mufflers A9608077 1 $499.99 $499.99

Order Notes:
None
SubTotal: $499.99
Shipping: FedEx Ground $0.00
Tax: $30.00
Total: $529.99

Just some advice. I ordered my TORS from puretriumph.com: OPEN the box and check BOTH cans. I looked at the first one I took out of the box, (right side) and it was perfect. Went ahead and installed the right side, took out the left side, and found rust spots, mostly towards the end of the can. Couple of spots were deep, all the way through the chrome. Took some pics with my cell phone. Sprayed a little rust inhibitor on the spots, and installed it. At first the seller was very helpful. I even volunteered to pay for another left side can in advance, and would then send this rusty one back for credit or whatever. No deal, they want the whole box back, or nothing. Just a lesson learned. BTW, my box of TORS, had made a few trips around the country, according to all the shipping stickers on it. I've read that they are getting scarce?

Thank you for your order from Pure Triumph

Pure Triumph is operated by Triumph of Pompano Beach - an authorized
Tri_Black60x24.jpg
Dealer
Pure Triumph Receipt
*** PLEASE PRINT RECEIPT OUT AND RETAIN IT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ***

Order Number 101958
Customer ID 91940
Order Date 9/7/2013 3:38:29 PM

Bill To:

Hidden By Amazon
Immokalee, FL 34143
United States
cooterbr549@gmail.com Ship To:

Hidden By Amazon
LABELLE, FL 33935
United States

Order Date: 9/7/2013 3:38:29 PM Locale/Currency: en-US / USD
Payment Method: CHECKOUTBYAMAZON

SKU: Product Quantity Price Ext. Price
A9608077 Triumph Rocket III Accessory Mufflers A9608077 1 $499.99 $499.99

Order Notes:
None
SubTotal: $499.99
Shipping: FedEx Ground $0.00
Tax: $30.00
Total: $529.99

Partly the reason why I got rid of triumph pipes was due to surface Rust on chrome within a year. Gone Reband pipes with the master tune by Lush Racing. Putting 167 hp on the back wheel now. Runs sweet & big grin.

Back