2013 R3R Exhaust Options?

kmvoll

Standard Bore
I've got a 2013 R3 Roadster with about 4k miles on it now, and it is mostly stock except for cosmetic and comfort upgrades. I am looking to upgrade the exhaust, put the K&N air filter on it, and put a power commander on it and get it tuned up at the shop.

In my online searching for exhaust systems I've come across what look to be some decent options: D&D Slip-ons, Jardine Slashcuts, Zard, and Shorty exhausts, though I figured you guys might be able to tell me some of the pros and cons of these systems. I'm looking for a performance boost, and a bit more sound to it, but I don't need to burst ear drums and car windows as I roll down the block. Also, a problem I am seeing is that since the 2013 model is so new, most websites will only list compatibility with previous model years. Anyone have any good links to share that they know will work with the 2013s? Let me know, thanks.

Sooo introduce yourself, where ya from?

Is this your first Triumph? Others will be along to tell you everything you ever wanted or needed to know about your exhaust options, but it helps a little if we know a little about you ;)

Welcome to the Forum :D

Welcome to the forum. :)

Jardines sold out and are no longer being produced for our rockets, though you may still be able to find em somewhere. People are getting incredible results with rebands - made in Australia. Then of course there's Carpenter exhaust. It all depends I think on what you're looking for; looks, sound, pure power, or maybe just a starting foundation for something else later on like a carpenter kit or supercharger... or both.

Lot of people here know these bikes way better than I do who I'm sure will chime in. Might want to provide a few more details about yourself and what your ultimate goals are.

Gary

I appreciate the advice fellas. I'm just looking for a balanced system. I want some decent power gains, a little deeper throatier sound than the whistling that comes with the stock system, and of course I'd like it to look nice, but that's more of a personal preference kind of category.

I see all these people talking about TORS, but I don't see them listed for sale on any websites. Is this what everyone is talking about... Triumph Parts Locator » World of Triumph If so, do those provide a reasonable boost in power and sound?

As for the Jardines, this website seems to claim to have them available Triumph Rocket III Roadster Full System Exhaust - British Customs, but it says it fits the Rocket III Classic, which I assume is different than the Roadster unfortunately.

I like the look and the price point of those D&D Slip-Ons at this link All Triumph Rocket III Slip-on | D & D Exhaust, but I'd rather hear some positive feedback from someone who has them before I went with them.

I have the tors and really like them. Still looks totally stock, but much better sound. Had the dealer download the tor tune, which I'm actually fairly happy with. Supposedly around a 10 hp increase though there's no felt differce in power. I will eventually update the tune, but am leaving it as is for now due to warranty concerns.

Look at puretriumph.com for silencers / tors.

I'd love to have the rebands. Some are seeing as much as 160+hp with just the rebands, intake triples and a tune. Pretty amazing!

The carpenter 240 kit keeps calling my name and will hopefully be installed in the next year.. or two. :D

Gary

Back