2009 Standard 2nd Gear Issue

Zonechamp

Supercharged
Ride
2009 Rocket 3 Standard
Anyone had issues with their Rocket slipping out of 2nd gear under hard acceleration? I know the older Rockets had that issue and an update kit was offered to correct it, but my bike's VIN is way higher than the affected bikes covered by that update. It shifts normally until I really get into it, once I shift from 1st it catches 2nd for a second and then slips out, like it's in neutral but it isn't. It must be in between gears.

Anyone had issues with their Rocket slipping out of 2nd gear under hard acceleration? I know the older Rockets had that issue and an update kit was offered to correct it, but my bike's VIN is way higher than the affected bikes covered by that update. It shifts normally until I really get into it, once I shift from 1st it catches 2nd for a second and then slips out, like it's in neutral but it isn't. It must be in between gears.
Some 09 units had problems with the detent springs but if that was it it would be hard to keep it in any gear. Are you having problems in the higher gears? If not I would suspect your dogs are rounded on second gear. I say this because if it was a bent fork you would probably have issues in other gears. As the timing of the fork movement wold be off from the shifting drum.
Just thinking out loud here.

My 2010 had the problem were it skipped in second then caught again, ended up tearing a whole lot of stuff up.

I spoke with 3 different dealers today and they all think it's a rounded 2nd gear. I guess it's off to dealer. I wanted to take it in after the season, but they would like it in before so they can do test rides. ****ty way to end the year. Thanks for the help.

Back