2005 exhaust options

I see... so will I have to get a complete system if I can't find a used 3 pipe system or do they make systems from the header back?
THE 3 into 1 exhausts will give you the most power and save the most weight and I think they look the best you can gain 40 to 50 HP and loose 40+ lbs for a big boost in performance and looks. No point in running three pipes loosing power and gaining weight .

I think it's more about velocity than it is about free flowing. You want the exhaust to be drawn out, not just emptied into the atmosphere. Too big is not ideal.
All I know is that if you put a restriction in a flow, the velocity increases through the restriction, for example, a venturi.

A few people think that the SuperTrap disc system is a gimmick.
Less disc's fitted cause's a higher restriction, and makes it quieter.
More disc's fitted flows easier, but is noisier.
Note that SuperTrap supplies a "performance" disc, what is this ? a disc with a wopping big hole in the center.
So if you have this fitted, what's the point of any other disc's at all ?
I know as much about supertrapp as I know about mouse traps.

THE 3 into 1 exhausts will give you the most power and save the most weight and I think they look the best you can gain 40 to 50 HP and loose 40+ lbs for a big boost in performance and looks. No point in running three pipes loosing power and gaining weight .

I'm leaning more towards the 3 into 1. I might have to save up longer but it should prevent me from having to buy an exhaust twice because the first didn't add enough. Are tuneecu tunes readily available for most exhausts or will a pcv be necessary? And are any of them less probe to leg burns?

I'm leaning more towards the 3 into 1. I might have to save up longer but it should prevent me from having to buy an exhaust twice because the first didn't add enough. Are tuneecu tunes readily available for most exhausts or will a pcv be necessary? And are any of them less probe to leg burns?
Getting Paul's muffler with the stock header makes sense because you can then upgrade with his header. Until you do you cand use TuneECU to install a reasonable base tune with the secondaries open. You may get close with one of the TuneEcu tunes floating around but you really should install a power commander and have someone dyno tune it if you're changing the exhaust. If you install the custom header, you can have it retuned for an incremental cost.

Changing this thread a little, but still in the same vein, what are peoples thoughts on the Doebeck System compared to the PCV&AT ?

Hi Paul,

I have the Dobeck AFR+ system but have no experience of the PCV. My bike is a 2009 R3 standard with Ramair filter and D&D slipons. I like the Dobeck and it's so easy to change the AFR targets, - even on the fly if you're so inclined. The only issue that I've encountered with my set up is a very rich idle (12:1) which I believe is due to low air velocity resulting from the Ramair. The Dobeck cannot change the mixture at revs as low 850 (and I don't believe the current PCVs can either), so I had to use TuneECU. Apart from that I'm very satisfied as it's allowed me to get a much smoother running bike that seems (butt dyno) to have considerably more torque throughout the whole rev range.

Hope this helps,

Mark Dunn

Hi Paul,

I have the Dobeck AFR+ system but have no experience of the PCV. My bike is a 2009 R3 standard with Ramair filter and D&D slipons. I like the Dobeck and it's so easy to change the AFR targets, - even on the fly if you're so inclined. The only issue that I've encountered with my set up is a very rich idle (12:1) which I believe is due to low air velocity resulting from the Ramair. The Dobeck cannot change the mixture at revs as low 850 (and I don't believe the current PCVs can either), so I had to use TuneECU. Apart from that I'm very satisfied as it's allowed me to get a much smoother running bike that seems (butt dyno) to have considerably more torque throughout the whole rev range.

Hope this helps,

Mark Dunn

Thanks Mark, yes good feed back, what I'm wanting to hear.
As I'm changing Exhaust systems regularly (cos I'm building different set-ups) the idea of the Doebeck system of "targeting" a fuel setting appeals.
Interesting what you say about the idle mixture, I need to look into that.

Doug, Neville would be one of very few "proper" tuners around, the only problem (for me) is he's next door in Australia, would dearly love to be closer to him.

Hi all, thought I would jump in here. Yes it does have a stainless steel flex pipe that gives it that straight shot out the muffler. Yes the cost is low but NOT CHEAPLY made. Yes it does gain 20 plus hp without any other mods the triumph ecu does learn with it. I have made many for all three Triumphs and only had one complaint because his dealer wouldn't install it and I told him that before hand. Yes you can trim paint or cut off the bottom part of your heat shield. I'm doing these for $400 to help the people who don't or can't afford $1000 or more. But it just so happens my pipes flows just as good as more expensive pipes and out of the 100 or so I've done over the past 2 years only the one complaint. You can go on ebay and check my feedback for my pipes they have great reviews, please check them out my ebay ID is triplevtx . Mr. Willy I'm not saying buy mine or his or anyone else's. I don't like when someone bashes my products without having all the info. Now with my pipe a K&N under the claw and a proper tune of the stock ecu and no PC added you can gain 45 plus hp and torque. That's for under $550 bucks and hard to beat for that price. What do you say to that.

Thanks, Dain owner of Triple D Racing company

Back