2005 exhaust options

"Now with my pipe a K&N under the claw and a proper tune of the stock ecu and no PC added you can gain 45 plus hp and torque."

aaahhh not without installing a header and even with that you probably wont get that. maybe you left out the decimal point 4.5 plus.. there you go fixed it for you

4.5 Now that's funny that's the same number your wife mentions when she talks about you.

Per the info block on ebay:
It helps you get the most power out of your Rocket by eliminating the cat box and decreasing back pressure and it also sounds great. This is a true bolt-on exhaust and should take less than an hour to remove the old exhaust and install the new one. It connects to the main pipe with a flex pipe, this cuts down the cost and installation times. It comes with complete instructions and looks great nothing else is needed.

flex pipe? Ugh....
looks great? Ugh.... One pipe coming out, covered by a 2 pipe shield. Nah
No pipe on the left side. Nah
Yes, you get what you pay for.;)
Your correct big guy, sounds alright, but looks like crap, I don't know why their aren't more custom exhaust systems for our rockets, like the Mad Dogs that would eliminate the cat box and look good too!

Your correct big guy, sounds alright, but looks like crap, I don't know why their aren't more custom exhaust systems for our rockets, like the Mad Dogs that would eliminate the cat box and look good too!

Well..................... I'm not saying it looks like crap, just it's not for me :) - I would not have posted that comment had I known the seller/builder was a member of this forum... @Dain - It's a ton better than anything I could ever do, so I apologize for my comment. Obviously to me now that you are trying to provide an alternative for the folks that do not have the strong amount of cashola to afford the other setups & for that price, if any noticeable gains are achieved then good on ya brother :thumbsup: - I have no room to talk, as I am running the 3 pipe TORS on my 05 which I'm not exactly fond of the looks of, but that's what came with the bike when I bought it .
Again, I apologize for my comment.

"You know that LITTLE THING inside your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't?
Yeah, I don't have one of those........ :banghead:

Hey EasTex thanks for the re post. I just don't know why people have to bash other people on what they do. Well the guy's that are buying them love the looks, sound and HP increase. Here are some of the comments you can view for yourself on my feedback page for all 3 model exhausts that I make and I will try to post the video's from my customers. All 3 styles have the same end cap because of the removable baffle behind it. Please keep in mind the Roadster and the Tour, I make without even ever having one in front of me!!! But if you want to bash go ahead I can take it!!!

Exhaust install was super easy. Seller went above and beyond communicating !
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster performance exhaust (#152081871443)

Outstanding customer service and product!!!
Triumph Rocket 3 Tour performance exhaust (#161588967137)

Great bit of kit and top quality all round service!!!!
Triumph Rocket 3 performance exhaust (#161440247080)

this pipe is utterley amazing such awesome value +++++++++++++

Fantastic set up, couldn't ask for better fit.

Excellent Product and as Described - Recommended Fabricator

exhaust sounds awsome great ebayer great communicator perfect !!!!!

I have been making motorcycle parts for many years. I won a Patent for my Victory brake pedal conversion kit. I buy and sell bikes but keep the ones I like the most like the Rocket 3 it's a fantastic bike, and my other bikes, Victory Vision, 1985 Kawasaki ZL900, 1987 Yamaha V-Max and my newest 2003 Yamaha Road Star Warrior but that ones for sale.

Last edited:
Per the info block on ebay:
It helps you get the most power out of your Rocket by eliminating the cat box and decreasing back pressure and it also sounds great. This is a true bolt-on exhaust and should take less than an hour to remove the old exhaust and install the new one. It connects to the main pipe with a flex pipe, this cuts down the cost and installation times. It comes with complete instructions and looks great nothing else is needed.

flex pipe? Ugh....
looks great? Ugh.... One pipe coming out, covered by a 2 pipe shield. Nah
No pipe on the left side. Nah
Yes, you get what you pay for.;)
I hear you bro, it looks like hell and sounds agricultural as heck, I personally removed all the baffling on my 2005 r3 and chopped ten inches off all three stock pipes; also I used the dremel and cut out a half inch inside each pipe and reinstalled the end slash cut caps also installed the catbox delete from Dave Platt on eBay sent to me from Great Britain, I will show how sweet and compact it makes the bike look with the shorter pipes and sounds great too, I simply need to remap my PC3 after installing the three K&N's. "Be Safe"

Geno you can't make up your mind you said in an earlier post it sounds alright now it doesn't why you even commenting on it. Didn't you hear one of my customers did before and after dyno's and gained 31hp and 40tq so what does that tell you. Since then the bashing has stopped Lol. BTW you don't need a PC3 the ECU'S are programmable. I am also doing a Roadster conversion for the Classics so you can have the straight pipe that I make for the Roadster instead of the Megaphone pipe like the ones above. So now you can have your choice of Megaphone or Roadster on your Classic.

Thanks, Dain

Geno you can't make up your mind you said in an earlier post it sounds alright now it doesn't why you even commenting on it. Didn't you hear one of my customers did before and after dyno's and gained 31hp and 40tq so what does that tell you. Since then the bashing has stopped Lol. BTW you don't need a PC3 the ECU'S are programmable. I am also doing a Roadster conversion for the Classics so you can have the straight pipe that I make for the Roadster instead of the Megaphone pipe like the ones above. So now you can have your choice of Megaphone or Roadster on your Classic.

Thanks, Dain

Dain, since he quoted my post that I ignorantly made before I apologized to you for it, I chose not to respond to his post when I saw it.
Not dissing you geno, I just don't want to be a part of it. I never meant to disrespect Dain......

Thanks, Dain
I apologize also; with the intent of my comment! witch was not to be taken as being disrespectful, although after closer attention to the quality and sound I believe my comments are simply constructive criticism and in no way personal and belittling of your product, the Dain system is another exhaust system that could be considered for the rocket 3, but not personally for me, that being said; I am a bit biased because I like the look of the stock three pipe system and how to maintain it without the cat box.

Back