2 Rockets Compare Dobeck Performance AFR Plus to TuneECU - Long Post

Well the idea of the comparison is to establish there is an alternative performance device available that DOES give significant gains without using all of the "technical" periphery needed such as computers, special programs, cables and tunes to download,
That I understand.
dyno, dyno man and then the knowledge and extra expense needed for all of those to function.
Not really - for the PCV-A/T to work you need a PC with windows. Oh and a bit of common sense - but this latter goes for the Dobeck too,
The AFR Plus is simple to use plug/play devise the common man can install and use himself. (Ladies too.) The end results I achieved were well worth the cost to hassle factor to power gain that I am comfortable with.
And that is really all that matters.

The thing is that engines are NOT always quite as compliant as you might think. I identified one area where my R3 ran "wrong" - around 2250 rpm in 1st. With the PCV I was able to analyse and alter JUST this area - to be honest with TuneECU. But - I'm fussy.

tbh if I had the cash & time I'd buy a braked dyno and fly out to work free for Wayne Tripp or Nev Lush for a year or so.

.........................tbh if I had the cash & time I'd buy a braked dyno and fly out to work free for Wayne Tripp or Nev Lush for a year or so.

Then you should come back to England - you'd make a bomb. :p

On second thoughts, why would you come back to England. :-(

Then you should come back to England - you'd make a bomb. :p

On second thoughts, why would you come back to England. :-(
I'd make an absolute killing here - there is not one BRAKED Dyno in all Spain. But that wouldn't be the point.

As for "The Question" ........................ Not sure I would - though I really do sort of miss Devon/Somerset/Dorset/Hampshire/Wiltshire roads at times. The driving force would be curry, really.

Back