2 new Harleys on the block

Whylee

.060 Over
Ride
Harley Roadking
Had 2 guys on my block asking me about my Rocket. They both wanted new bikes. Although I really like my Rocket, I steered them away because I wont lie, the lack of support has really weighed heavy on me. 9 weeks and still cant get basic parts that most any dealer with a service dept should have. How are we supposed to keep our bikes seviced and running? I could not get the oil drain washers because they have to order them, maybe 2 weeks to get. Lucky I just wanted them for later. Anyways, they both bought Harleys over the weekend.

I dont think too many people cross shop Harley/Triumph.
Statistically speaking.
This also echoes what I posted elsewhere....Triumph has never supported the Rockets very well. When they launched this one they were saying 300 accessories at launch, this and that.
I think they have supported this Rocket less than the old Rocket.
I dont think its going to get any better.
Seems like support from Triumph leaves something to be desired.

Last edited:
Had 2 guys on my block asking me about my Rocket. They both wanted new bikes. Although I really like my Rocket, I steered them away because I wont lie, the lack of support has really weighed heavy on me. 9 weeks and still cant get basic parts that most any dealer with a service dept should have. How are we supposed to keep our bikes seviced and running? I could not get the oil drain washers because they have to order them, maybe 2 weeks to get. Lucky I just wanted them for later. Anyways, they both bought Harleys over the weekend.
Hermy's Triumph in PA USA seems to have most everything. I purchased a tailbag and an oil service kit.

Whats the O ring for? Also why 6 qts of oil?

Last edited:
That’s the lamest response lol. I’m guessing your “steering them away” comment might be a little braggadocious ? As a R3 owner myself I can’t imagine life without reserve oil drain washers. And I’d probably melt waiting maybe 2 weeks, being the snow flake that I am.

I did not steer them away, I answered questions they had. It may not be a big deal to some, but alot of people want a bike that has dealer support.
The dealer here has layed off the entire crew, no parts or service people.
The sales guys double as parts guys they carry nothing but clothing and oil. Not only that they cant seem to get parts. Im going on 10 weeks waiting on commonly carried parts through Triumph.

Back