1st May seems to be the day

Jade Dragon

.020 Over
Just been on the official site. They are saying 2 things really.
First the good news, all info to be released on 1st May, so happy Mayday.
Bad news is only a run of 750 which is probably why they are trying to get people to bite already.
Can't see them stopping at 750 if they sell them all quickly,
:)

I believe Truimph is playing us all. Let a little info out and then play up on how quickly people are paying deposits. Did the same with the X model. Year later after the release of the Rocket X there were still brand new ones for sale.

I love my 3 Rockets, but very disappointed with Triumph. Seems like they are on a self destruct mission.

Just received the below in an email from my Aussie friend in Perth:

I called in at the local Triumph place a couple days ago and spoke with the proprietor about the Rocket. He told me a few things:

1. The 750 TFC (Triumph Factory Custom) Rockets were all sold in a microsecond, at about AUD 50k a pop
2. Triumph is on track to release details on 1 May, and apparently there will be a touring version, and a ‘normal’ Rocket. I hope this is one which can take panniers - if so, I shall be very tempted to buy one.
3. Manufacturing is about to start, and the plan is to have the bikes in Australian dealerships in November this year, as 2020 models.

Einar totalled his Rocket several years ago but still has his BMWs. He is a world wide bike tourer and ridden the US and Canada twice. He misses his Rocket.

I’m just hoping that the new Rockets are a big hit and I can snatch an older model up sometime soon thereafter.

Back