09 Rocket 3, Runs rough, misses and backfires when you accelerate.

R3 in CT

Rather be Riding
Ride
09 Rocket 3 standard
I would like help in figuring out what the issue is. I disconnected the power commander V and it ran a little better. The bike feels like a bucking bronco. Any ideas?

Most likely you need to clean and re-crimp the low tension leads on your ignition coils, so they fit snugly again. A wipe with dielectric grease is also a good idea. The front one is a beotch to get to. Pretty common problem.

Thanks, If that could fix the problem that would be great. It starts up fine and idles smoothly, just when starting to accelerate it starts its issues. Is that a common symptom for the low tension leads not making contact.

I also spray a little electric cleaner on them when I do that. :thumbsup:
We've had a bad winter and been riding my other bike on the few days when it is possible. I finally pulled off each of the low tension leads and recrimped them and put them back on for a snug fit(a few felt pretty loose) the front red lead was a total Pain In The Butt. Finally got it on snug, but without the black cover. Also ran tune ecu for the first time and I think I need a different tune. It has map 10222 and that seems to be for cat with stock pipe. I have the cat removed and after market pipe, and a K&N air filter. Any help is appreciated.

Back