Have a Cream and Red 06 Classic great bike and I get a lot of compliments on the colors. Also a million other questions related to Triumph, engine size, speed, cost, the questions never seem to stop.
So I guess what I'm saying is get what you want you'll be happy.

Bob:):)

bikes

I likes the black and white with all the chrome!
rockenrobert
gotta see the world, it will only take a minute
Link Removed

Great lookin' bike but has anyone ever mistaken you for a cop? :eek:
I went all black (and chrome) myself. I own 4 bikes of which 3 are black (and chrome). ;)

...after you ride one you usually end up thinking to your self "this is cheap". id sell my wife to the gypsies for mine, if i had a wife.
that is wrong in perhaps several ways :D

I think the difference between the two rocket engines...RIIIT vs RIII is more than just tune..
About 2-3K difference, according to the Guru of R3s. Thank you B, for your enlightenment.

...From what I've heard so far, the throttle body (and of course the exhaust) is the only thing different...I've had the R3T up to the speed limiter and have no need to raise the limit.
:eek: How was the front end vibration??

I don't know if the standard throttle bodies would work with the Touring. The stepper motors and other sensors may not plug into the wiring harness. MAP and TPS sensors may be different, injectors may be different and if I remember correctly my dealer said the throttle bodies for the standard Rocket are $1800, injectors are $150 a piece, so you'd be into it $2 to $3K before it's all said and done unless you could find salvage parts. Then you have the whole issue of figuring out fueling and ignition maps.

GPMAZ someone has to take one for the team, order up the parts, take some pics of the swap to post and let us know if it works or not.:D
+1 :bch:

Have a Cream and Red 06 Classic great bike and I get a lot of compliments on the colors...
Bob:):)

Ok, another question...on the R3 scene, what do people think of the two tone classic verses the monotone?

It really boils down to do you want footboards or pegs or standard handlebars or more pulled back handlebars and a bigger seat.
It boils down to hot rodder/poser or comfort tourer. Tired black and chrome or color and chrome. Flaming ridiculous or subtle magnificence. Sorry, no feeling meant to be hurt in the production of this opinion. Mine is Cardinal Red and Heretik Black. With black bags and ample chrome it's the shiznitz.

Last edited:
HeR3tic...How was the front end vibration?

I have never felt any vibration from the R3 peged on the limiter, maby the question would be.... What tires are you running?

HeR3tic...How was the front end vibration?

I have never felt any vibration from the R3 peged on the limiter, maby the question would be.... What tires are you running?
I's sorry, did you say something...did I stammer. I believe the question was addressed to an T-RIIIT owner.
Do you run an R3T? Then I digress. I get front end vibes at 115 in the sweepers. I was wondering if the R3T was similar.

Last edited:
Got it

Well, I just pulled her into the garage after a nice gentle 100 mile break in ride. Blue and aluminum two tone classic.

Didnt get on it too hard yet, want it broke in right, but jeez, even without hammering the throttle, the power is amazing.

So now I have to figure out how to change my screen name...R3 to be, doesnt work when you have one, not just dreaming of one, lol.

< well, I now know what that grin is all about.

I's sorry, did you say something...did I stammer. I believe the question was addressed to an T-RIIIT owner.
Do you run an R3T? Then I digress. I get front end vibes at 115 in the sweepers. I was wondering if the R3T was similar.

Lets be nice, there is a new kid on the block and while slower, less of horsepower and has only one eye, it's still a Rocket. It just lacks the 'booster' stage.......

I had mine to the end of the speedometer one time and I had no vibration. I did have an acute need to piss my pants however.:eek:

Welcome to the club. And Flip that is perhaps the best way to put the difference between the two...booster stage.
Dennis

Back