BlueStreak

.040 Over
I'm about to buy my first R3, but does anyone know when the 09s will be out? Anyone heard of any changes to them? Should I wait for the 09 or go for the 08? Thanks!

09's probably won't be available until Dec of 08 or '09. My '06 was one of the first and I didn't get it until March of '06. The dealers have a worldwide meeting this month at the factory. The '09 models and any changes will be announced then.

Welcome to the site BTW.:D

great info and thanks for the welcome. Do you think I should wait until any changes for the 09 year are announced? Of course I definitely dont want to wait until March of 09 to get mine, lol.

if you wait till the 09s are announced then the 08 will sell for cheaper even if you don't wait till something like march waiting till they let you preorder will get you a deal.

Get an '08 now, there is still great riding time left. I am sure there are probably some '07s still out there. The Touring models have special financing now. I think Triumph has gotten a lot sorted on the Rocket and they are good about covering their products even when they are out of warranty.

if you wait till the 09s are announced then the 08 will sell for cheaper even if you don't wait till something like march waiting till they let you preorder will get you a deal.

Yea, thats a good point. I've been thinking about that, but the closest black R3 at a dealer is about 100 miles away, and there is only one there. My local dealer only has a red one in. I have to weigh out if I want to take a chance on losing the black one by waiting. Do you know typically how often dealers get bikes in? MY local guy has been pretty vague.

Get an '08 now, there is still great riding time left. I am sure there are probably some '07s still out there. The Touring models have special financing now. I think Triumph has gotten a lot sorted on the Rocket and they are good about covering their products even when they are out of warranty.

Are the trannys holding up better now? While the Touring does have a great deal going, I just cant understand the lower horsepower and the single headlight. I think I'm sold on the Rocket.

Are the trannys holding up better now? While the Touring does have a great deal going, I just cant understand the lower horsepower and the single headlight. I think I'm sold on the Rocket.

Same motor though, can't you just unleash the HP with a TuneBoy?

Back