Hey mate, what sort of exhaust did you end up going with? I saw you were selling the Dave Platt system. Didn't like it? I'm looking around but struggling to see one I like the look of that is pannier friendly! The Ixil unit wouldn't be any good either I'd think

Hey mate, what sort of exhaust did you end up going with? I saw you were selling the Dave Platt system. Didn't like it? I'm looking around but struggling to see one I like the look of that is pannier friendly! The Ixil unit wouldn't be any good either I'd think
I am the one purchasing the Dave platt ones from him, although im now thinking about keeping the stock ones on for a while, and then maybe waiting for vandemon to make a non flapper valve version or maybe get the 2 pipe Thai version...

so the Platts might be up for sale depending how they sound and i feel after i fit them.

I've seen the Vandemons too, no need for the flapper valve here! I like the look of the Zard and Ixil but unfortunately neither are pannier friendly. Thai unit looks pretty nice also. Really want to get the right look and sound so it might take a while to find the right one! Definitely let me know if you're happy with the sound and volume of the Platts

I've seen the Vandemons too, no need for the flapper valve here! I like the look of the Zard and Ixil but unfortunately neither are pannier friendly. Thai unit looks pretty nice also. Really want to get the right look and sound so it might take a while to find the right one! Definitely let me know if you're happy with the sound and volume of the Platts
will do, yea i had the same issue with zards on my davel, killed several paniers.

They sound awesome …. I’m just still liking the stick look …. Wonder what this would sound like

Attachments

• B4538A55-5596-4A9C-B52D-CBC96634A349.jpeg
    B4538A55-5596-4A9C-B52D-CBC96634A349.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 99
They sound awesome …. I’m just still liking the stick look …. Wonder what this would sound like
danm that does look good being akro i bet it sounds good

not sure about that mounting solution though... kinda detracts from the overall

also now ive spent 5 min looking at it, that's a lot of weight past even where the hanger is.

That looks pretty good! I was actually considering a custom job myself. I like some of the SC Project cans, a bit shorter than the Akro so may suit that mount a bit better with less hanging behind it. Just would need someone to fab up a link pipe...

I have read that some people who have fitted the Zard exhaust have had problems cornering when leaning as the exhaust touches the ground. Does anyone have news of this problem?

Back