You guys have me paranoid about flat tires.....

...How many of those little dudes does it take just to make it ridable?...

...a kit that has a real reamer, meaning it has a T handle that you can put some muscle into...

That also brings up a point...a good pair of Dikes...

The kit comes with 4 containers. The instructions read all four as necessary for a rear tire.
The reamer included in the kit doesn't have the T-handle but it sure looks ample (vicious). And by the time I've finished that grueling 10 minute flat fixing I won't have enough energy for a threesome. :(

R:

If we were going to have our rally in California, you'd have no problem finding a pair of dykes...........:eek:

You better have the flat tire drill down pat. Your other half won't be too patient on the side of the tarmac while you fiddle with your tire kit.

You have a AAA card or MoTow like I have, I presume?

I bought the plug and go kit as well as the slime compressor from Competition Accessories. Piggr turned me on to the compressor. It's a little bigger that one of those individual boxes of cereal. CA also provided me with my new rain suit. I'm including my reamer from my plug kit in the shop. Good idea Tomo. I'm not sure a tire BBQ on the side of the road is a good idea though.

I do my tires at home just like Tomo does at his shop. I don't use a 1/4" drill, I have a good reamer (I'm not sure my wife will agree with that) and I use the red string things, some rubber cement and a razor blade.

I guess if you wanted to boot it from the inside, you could stop a good hearted trucker (yeah, right) and have him run over the tire to break the bead and then you could hot boot it from the inside which would be the best repair.

I didn't cotton to the Co2 bottles and the inflator. A tire as big as the Metz would take quite a few bottles to get it aired up. I'd be lining my saddlebags with Co2 bottles......A traffic cop might think I was a terrorist going to blow something up, besides myself.....

Last edited:
be carefull with compresed

After a nice ride with a friend up and over to Placerville and back yesterday, we stopped in at the local Arby's for quick bite. It was humid and hot here in the Carson City area yesterday. After spending about 45 minutes at lunch, I walked out to get on my busa and..............WTF? I could not believe my eyes! I see this white foam stuff ozzing out from under the hump and going all over the place, chain guard, swing arm and exhaust. Woe is me.......my **** can of Fix-a-flat had exploded and ruined almost everything I had stored under there! I was one PO'd hombre I tell ya! Anyway, I spent 5 solid hours cleaning up the mess and peeling and scraping all that crap from the underside of the hump, underside of the seat, battery, connections, etc.. It was everywhere. Anyway, if any of you store stuff like that under the hump, immediately run to the garage and remove it! A new can will henceforth be riding in my backpack! Whew! What a mess!

gunshots

Gunshots,,I just stole that from the busa site, would hate to see a can of that stuf go off in a new set of corbens..Spikes pee is pretty cool ,I'll bet that flat stuff gets awfull hot when it blows.. Later Jack

You are going to need at least 6 C02 cartridges in the rear to ride anywhere. Ride-On like slime is there for the smaller incidents that arise on the road. Slime boasts a 1/4 inch hole but it bleeds green oooz. Yes a competent repair kit, triple A, and a charged up cell are going with me. Hey Big, Dink says Hi, you moving ?

Here's some interesting product...www.ride-on.com Bigern

bigern:

I wasn't aware that Ride-on made a sealant for motorcycle and auto tires. We used Ride-on in the tires of our roll-off tractor trailers because of the many flats incurred in the scrap metal business. It works in big trucks for sure. I remember some talk about airless tires a while ago though I don't know what ever happened with that. It's too bad you can't foam a bike tire. You can actually cut completely through the carcass of a foamed tire and keep right on trucking but the speed is limited to 20 mph.

I run radial R1 ag tires on the tractors and the carcass flexes more than a bias tire. We only run 20 pounds in them.

Ride-on tire sealant sale until 4th September

After Flip's thread about punctures I went and got myself a Ride-on tire sealant kit for my R3.

I got a email from them a few days ago informing me they have a Summer sale going on until 4th September.

If you are considering Ride-on tire sealant to be a better alternative to carrying around plug kits CO2 cartridges and/or compressors around. then check this out.

You can save almost $10 on the 3 x 8oz bottle motorcycle kit

http://www.ride-onshop.com/Motorcycles-Ride_On_Tire_Sealant_for_Motorcycles_Kit.html

Enter Promo Code "Labor Day" for 15% Discount
Offer not valid on all items Offer Ends September 4th, 2007

(And no I have nothing to do with Ride-on other than use their sealant.)

Back