Wondering if there are year models to avoid?

TI see a 2006 with the black engine and only 7600 miles in the owner says it is in like new condition. I can't tell if it is a classic or not. It has windshield, leather bags, floor boards, and rear sissy bar with luggage rack. He wants $7000 which seems maybe a little high?

Look at Kelley Blue Book and NADA. $7K is quite reasonable for a 2006 with only 7600 miles. It's virtually new. If you can drive it, you could evaluate the transmission. You can also ask the guy to let a Triumph dealer inspect and test ride the bike at your expense. I sold my T-Bird to a guy from Canada who had me bring it to the dealer. Worked out fine.

I just put a deposit on a 2007 Classic which I bought on E-Bay for $7500. 6300 miles, Jardine exhaust, custom paint. It's being inspected before final payment.

Felt like resurrecting an old thread. So, the Roadsters are the first Rocket model to come with a fuel gauge, right? If so, where might I pick one up for an earlier Rocket? Anyone recommend a particular gauge?

I've heard some horror stories about the 2004's, i waited till the 2005's came out before pulling the trigger on the Rocket III mine has served me well. There was an idle recall but Triumph fixed it no charge. One thing i do is change the fluids oil etc every 3K not recommended but I'm old school and you know what they say about old dogs....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The very first 2004 models had transmission problems... some simply sheared off and the transmission was upgraded only a few month after the Rocket came out. As far as I know 2005 and later models never had these problems. The 2004 models that are around were most likely upgraded in the meantime, so there is no need to avoid any model year. If you don't crash it, a Rocket usually lasts forever.

Back