I stick with a garden hose when washing, if riding in the downpour we got caught in on our trip to canada didn't kill it ... then the hose can't do any damage. Those power sprayers are another matter, the pressures can lift open dust seals and penetrate into relay/junction boxes easily. Using pressure washers around brakes will force water into puck seals causing corrosion and stuck brake pistons.
The guy across the street with his new truck loves it so much that he power washes it every other day with a portable in his driveway. It's like light sandblasting with all the minerals in our tap water. He was just commenting that the shine was going away on it already, didn't have the heart to tell him why.

Good advice! I was afraid to wash my first Rocket at all after I read the Triumph instructions on how to wash your motorcycle. It was complete with enclosing items into plastic bags with rubber bands before you begin. It seemed pretty extreme but I'm sure well-meaning! :)

The guys had trouble with earlier models until they filled connectors with dielectric (however its spelled) grease. Triumph seems to have done a better job of it on later models. She's been so wet that the spark plug holes were filled with water but never died. The ignition switch was another story though, don't know what killed it. I'm told it's a weak point in the system.

The guys had trouble with earlier models until they filled connectors with dielectric (however its spelled) grease. Triumph seems to have done a better job of it on later models. She's been so wet that the spark plug holes were filled with water but never died. The ignition switch was another story though, don't know what killed it. I'm told it's a weak point in the system.

How's the snow in Newark? We got lucky with rain over the weekend and it's all gone! :)

A patch of ice here and there on the streets. A fine mist of freezing rain just started falling. .... Had to make a trip around the block anyway. I feel better now.

Good advice! I was afraid to wash my first Rocket at all after I read the Triumph instructions on how to wash your motorcycle. It was complete with enclosing items into plastic bags with rubber bands before you begin. It seemed pretty extreme but I'm sure well-meaning! :)

Something caused my hi-low dimmer switch to fry recently. I assume it was either from the car wash or my riding in the rain several times last month. 98 bucks for the entire replacement from bikebandit

A patch of ice here and there on the streets. A fine mist of freezing rain just started falling. .... Had to make a trip around the block anyway. I feel better now.

Unless snow or freezing rain is predicted for tomorrow, I'm riding to work! I've had it with driving. I've come to hate it! :(

Just gonna throw the cover off and let it warm up awhile, 29 degrees is still too cold for my bones.

Ok, .......
The Jr works fine in the summer, but aint worth a **** in below freezing temps.
**** thing had to be jumped again!
I broke down and ordered the odyssey charger.
I can't imagine there is that much difference, but if it does what it says and makes it crank over like 50amps are put to the fire, then I'm convinced. It's the strangest thing, once it's run for 20 min, it cranks as fast as idle, but let it sit below freezing for a week on the Jr. and the **** thing cranks for 10 seconds and quits.
Just like a B.O.A.T.--- Break Out Another Thousand (in this case a hundred).
Cuts into my floor board budget, but it has to run 1st.
I'll just move the Jr. over to the generator and let it maintain a lead acid battery.
I hope it comes with some kind of plug like the Jr., that was handy.

Back