Winter arrives in the Essex UK

Our snow in Northern Virginia lasted a day this weekend and the roads were never more than just wet.

Can't believe it missed us on the moors of the South West ? All the signs so far tho , are that it's going to come sooner or later this year !
It's funny , country's have snow , hurricanes , tornadoes and wildfires ?
We get a bit of snow here , which isn't unusual .and the whole place goes to hell ! It's like it surprises us every time ?
I look forward to it , late night rally driving on the single track lanes , great fun ! :sneaky:

well at least we aren't the only ones who go through that, here we are getting snow every year, it is inevitable, it is going to happen without fail, and everytime, as soon as people see a snowflake in the sky they lose their sh!t, even if they see a rain drop, same thing, this whole city almost goes into a complete panic and shuts down. A 20-minute drive suddenly becomes an hour or more

well at least we aren't the only ones who go through that, here we are getting snow every year, it is inevitable, it is going to happen without fail, and everytime, as soon as people see a snowflake in the sky they lose their sh!t, even if they see a rain drop, same thing, this whole city almost goes into a complete panic and shuts down. A 20-minute drive suddenly becomes an hour or more
Funny you should say that because most Brits are convinced that every other country in the world that has regular snow in winter operates just like nothing has happened except for good old Blighty of course where the transport system stops and there's a general breakdown in the rules of modern society and everyone and I mean everyone suddenly needs to buy bread and milk .

Our snow melted quick....refrigerator came within a gnat's whisker of burning the house down though. Guess what we are getting ourselves for Christmas?:banghead:

I've enjoyed living in places where I can ride year round since 2011 (when I wasn't playing overseas)... I'm looking forward to retiring in Nevada one day and continuing the trend... :)
-MIG

The slightest chance of snow our f’d up state puts brine down 3 days ahead of the storm. Then we get no snow, no rain and we are left with brine all over the roads for weeks. A$$holes!!! I hate winter and our stupid brine squirting bureaucrats!!!! F winter!!!

Back