Windvest Screen or Windshield

pjl31445

Standard Bore
After complaining to windvest about how difficult it is to access my key Tami from Windvest advised me a new bracket/clamp will be a available in January.

Any of you gents with the same problem give her a call.

After I crashed last month and went sailing over the handelbars and breaking the shield glass in two off the brackets, they sold me a new glass for $100. I would call that excellent customer service at Windvest! the Windvest works perfectly for me, too, on a couple bikes

(The opposite of Leatherlyke who will sell you a replacement only at full retail after their bags break, even without a crash.)

I have skinny hands so accessing my key is not a problem. I barely fit. Some have relocated the key but that is a lot of work.

Windvest replaced a chrome bracket for me, even sending it out before I returned the old one so no down time. I wish all aftermarket vendors were that good.

I agree with Jeff, but remember that you have to buy the Triumph windshield first and then replace the "glass" with the Clearview.

I did that, and I am very happy with the Clearview screen. It is wider and higher than the Triumph and gives me plenty of protection. I am 6' high and 300 lbs. wide.

I thought I remembered reading a thread where someone purchased the brackets **only** from Windvest and then ordered a Clearview replacement shield at some saving (like a $100+)?

Anyone else recall this or should I step down the meds?

Might have been the other way around. It sems to come back. Windvest brackets and the Rune replacement screen from some (highly reputed) firm that makes windscreens for airplanes?

Well, never argue with she who must be obeyed. The post was from Yogi:

Here's a better option. Order the Windvest wide Bracket and Short clamps, $195.00 then go to www.ceebaileys.com and order their Honda Rune Replacement shield for the Windvest. It's a little wider- 20" and you can designate the height. I got the full 19" height and I can still see well over it. Offers better protection than the 16" x16" from Wndvest and you save $100.00

I like the looks of the Windvest on the bike, It's clamps are very minimal and the clear shield is almost invisible. Much better than the Overpriced Triumph POS that has metal bits running up-down and sideways.

Both the folks at Windvest and CeeBaileys are great to deal with.

Note: windvest sells the long clamps for the Rocket, but I ordered a set of the short clamps and have found that it is much easier to get to the key and, it moves the shield closer to you by about 2". = Better Protection

BTW: Isn't it kind of late (or early) Basildon Standard Time?

Back