I would advise against the tall touring, then, I feel it does adversely affect high speed handling.

Does the shortest shield do a sufficient job at blocking some wind? or do I need to take it up a notch? Anyone have experence with this?

not no but, hell no. I find the "fly screen" the most useless investment to date. It's like riding with nothing at all. I have all 3 sizes. If your wearing a full face, keep lots of cleaner on hand. Otherwise, don't smile. Want wind protection, stick with the touring. Mine hasn't been affected to notice by the Wyoming breezes yet.

Summer Screen + Spoiler

Just thought I would post these Pics of the spoiler recently fitted ..

So far the spoiler seems to work well I recon it is cutting 80% of the wind noise and buffeting out, no need for ear plugs maybe, I hav'nt been on a prolonged county distance ride yet.. but it has certainly made life more peacefull :D

Attachments

• IMG_4046[1].jpg
    IMG_4046[1].jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4045[1].jpg
    IMG_4045[1].jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 147
I ordered to taller shield last week. I guess that I went with the "better safe than sorry" theory. Or maybe "bigger is better" or "the more the merrier":D I hope that the larger shield doesn't impact the handling of the bike at higher speeds... I really didn't mind the shield on my 08 R3T.

I ordered to taller shield last week. I guess that I went with the "better safe than sorry" theory. Or maybe "bigger is better" or "the more the merrier":D I hope that the larger shield doesn't impact the handling of the bike at higher speeds... I really didn't mind the shield on my 08 R3T.

I nearly went for that large one but thought the same as you also the smaller one was neater.. I have noticed in high winds there is still a degree of noise/buffeting .

I have 2 mount systems , clip on and permanent plus the extenders .. at the moment no extender arms are used.. I am 5' 10" so your height in the saddle will be a factor.

Let me know how it goes with the larger spoiler..:)

Back