For Sale Wind Deflectors-Windshield Add-On

Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Some time ago I made a post about some wind deflectors I fabricated that provide protection for your hands in the cold and rain. I finally have gotten around to putting together 4 complete sets of these and am offering them for sale here on the forum. I plan on making some more available in the next couple weeks if these sell and there appears to be an interest in them. The wife says I am spending too much money making them and I need to sell these before I reorder more plastic parts and clamps to make another batch. I am also going to put them on eBay in the future and perhaps try and sell a few locally, but I thought I would start here on the forum first.

Although I made them specifically for my R3T, I am reasonably certain they will work on just about any bike with a standard windshield. I am including some pictures of how the latest laser cut versions look and fit on my bike. The protective paper is still on in one of the pictures I posted and that is how they will ship. I only peeled back enough of the paper to assemble them. The stainless set screws that helps lock the rod in place, now have a brass insert to allow it to be firmly tightened down on the pivot rod.

I have ordered small shipping boxes, bought packing material, printed some instructions and am ready to ship if you are interested. You can message me if you have questions and I will give you the flat price I decided on which includes shipping to the any of lower 48 states. I have a PayPal account for payment and if you include an email address I will be more that happy to send you a .pdf file which explains a little more about them and how they install. Thanks

Attachments

• Deflector 1.jpg
    Deflector 1.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Deflector 2.jpg
    Deflector 2.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Deflector 3.jpg
    Deflector 3.jpg
    339.3 KB · Views: 45
I might be interested. Looks like no drilling of the shield necessary? Would be an on off option for a long trip. $$ ?

If you message me I'll be able to provide you with some more information. I run mine all year long, they are easy on and off and would would work well for a trip.

Last edited:
Ah, I thought that went without saying. I've said before, and others think differently, exposure to the wind chill on a motorcycle involves two sides -- the side down palms and fingers, and the side up with hand and knuckles. Before the add-ons, I must have heated grips (on high) and heated gloves (never get these right because mine are not controlled independent of the vest). I tried Moose Paws, and Hippo Hands, and found both of those to be safety hazards.

Enter @Bedifferent and his clamp-on deflectors, and the effect is noticeable. The heated grips don't have to be on high, and I have dispensed with the heated gloves altogether -- back to my standard winter gloves.

Oh, did I say I value function over form, and these function wonderfully, and in a geeky sort of way, they look good too.

Bedifferent, I am interested as they "rock" the shield look. However, just signed up so I could figure how to "message" you, but not up to speed with the process yet.

I will second the practicality of these shields. I run mine in the cool months and usually take them off in the summer because it is that easy. With the clamp on attachment you can move them up and down to get them right where you want them. They do a good job of deflecting the wind around the grips. I have used them on an R3T with boh the short and tall shield, they work fine on both.

bob

Back