Why this question? because I don't know what they're called

Zombie1975

.020 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket3
as the title suggests, i need help. on the bars where the throttle cables feed in and return, there are 2 small fasteners that hold the cables in place after adjustment. I am missing one of these but i have no idea what they are called to search for a new one. any help greatly appreciated.

Photo? - we can maybe have a better go at guessing then!. I cant see anything special there on mine. There is only one screw to lose. One cable has a threaded end the other a sort of flat plate that is held by a screw.

image.jpeg
Photo? - we can maybe have a better go at guessing then!. I cant see anything special there on mine. There is only one screw to lose. One cable has a threaded end the other a sort of flat plate that is held by a screw.
Should there be two of these things holding the cables in place?

image.jpeg
Should there be two of these things holding the cables in place?
One of those is the WRONG cable fitting. The lower one SHOULD have a swivel threaded portion that screws directly into the throttle housing. Get something in there before it destroys the threads. New cables?

One of those is the WRONG cable fitting. The lower one SHOULD have a swivel threaded portion that screws directly into the throttle housing. Get something in there before it destroys the threads. New cables?
ive only had the bike since march and thats how it arrived. any ideas on the part i should be looking to purchase? thanks

ive only had the bike since march and thats how it arrived. any ideas on the part i should be looking to purchase? thanks
Triumph cables are black so I think maybe you have aftermarket ones fitted, suggest calling your dealer or bikebandit.com etc as you may need to replace the wrong fitting cable - personally I would change both.

Triumph cables are black so I think maybe you have aftermarket ones fitted, suggest calling your dealer or bikebandit.com etc as you may need to replace the wrong fitting cable - personally I would change both.
+1 - I have recently swapped cables and bought them from Mike Larsson. They fitted perfectly. This is a really a wholesaler for allmake workshops but does I think sell some stuff online.
I get mine through a mate with a shop and so saved on post and VAT. But they are cheaper than Triumph.

Throttle control cable for Triumph Rocket 2300 in Cables - standard | Larsson

GET BOTH - Be patient fitting - especially at the engine end.

Nice piccies from the man in a skirt. Show the difference well.

Back