Why are people selling their Rockets?

Came close to buying the blacked out version of the Thunderbird. Saw a advertisement for the Rocket X and the rest is history. The last year or two have studied up on just about every make and model of new bikes. Came close a few times on buying only to back out at the last minute. The price does not justify the means. I do not require all the new and improved devices found on just about every new bike sold. All brands and makes nowadays come out with ridiculous horsepower and torque claims only to find out that what you think your buying and what is real at the back wheel is a different story. For a lot less money and greater satisfaction I plan on rebuilding the X from the ground up. No modifications to the performance. I figure 167 horse is enough for me. Will be doing a lot of cosmetic work to the bike. Pipes recoated and some powder coat needs to be redone. Sitting at 68,000 miles but figured when am done bike should see well over 100,000 miles. Next will be the 2010 Fatboy. Going to turn that one into a Sunday ride bike. Built engine nice paint job and Ape hangers. Kind of a old school Harley Lots of chrome. The Rocket will continue to be my everyday bike. Other then the transmission going out have not had any major problems with the bike. Kind of attached to it. Worth rebuilding? No and Yes. No because the bike has no value on the market. Yes because by far it has been the best bike i have ever owned. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Excellent!

Back