Who knew a tire change could be such a nightmare.....

I really want to support my local dealership but when they want to sell me a quart of Mobil 1 for 18.99 and i can get it at Advance auto parts for 10.99 it is very hard, one expects a 30% mark up but not a 80 or 90%

Check out "Ride on" it is great stuff. Balances, and seals if you have a puncture. It is water soluble, washes off with a hose. I had a rear flat on my Rocket with only 1500 miles. Was a real pain, on the side of the highway, trying to get plugs in the hole, and aired up. Now with ride on, I don't worry. Put it in my Rocket, then my Kawasaki ZRX1200r, then in all 4 tires of my jeep! The dealer where I bought my Rocket, has dropped the Triumph brand, but they still mount my tires, "IF" I bring in the wheels only. They would not mount anything but Metzler, if I took the bike in to them. The last rear Bridgstone I had them mount, took 3 guys on the tire machine, but they got it done, for $20, I left a $10 tip. The rear can be a *****, as there's not much of a drop down in the center of the wheel.

Yeah tires are a crazy item for the rocket,especially the prices. The Wheel Shop in Phoenix,AZ has helped me many times when I owned my HD Fat Boy and Roadglide Special.
I bought a Continental all season tire, 235-50-16, from Ebay.com last month and can't wait for my rear tire to wear down. This tire is the same size as my Meitzler rear tire. The car tire has 11/32 and the original rear has about 7/32. I found 2 places which will mount the tire; Paulbilt Racing in Tonopah,AZ and HeadKace Motorcycles In Tempe,AZ

Back