Which Drivers to Use?

slydog75

.040 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
so I bought a VAG KKL USB adapter and it came with drivers. I see the TuneECU site has drivers on their as well. Which should I use? I know not to let W10 install it's own drivers.

You might be more descriptive in telling us what you are trying to do.

For TuneECU, most of us have found that fiddling with drivers is a thing of the past.

I know I have never had to do anything - it just worked.

The LonElec cable most folks use with TuneECU is active, and Win10 sees that.

You mention a different cable, and I have not seen that before - so have no idea what you are trying to do.

You might be more descriptive in telling us what you are trying to do.

For TuneECU, most of us have found that fiddling with drivers is a thing of the past.

I know I have never had to do anything - it just worked.

The LonElec cable most folks use with TuneECU is active, and Win10 sees that.

You mention a different cable, and I have not seen that before - so have no idea what you are trying to do.

Sorry, I"ve been trying to follow the instructions in this pinned thread: TuneECU -- HOW TO but most of the links are dead. I bought a cable off of ebay based off of this post: Is this the right OBD cable?

I'm not sure what other info you might need. I've got a Windows 10 laptop and I"m trying to connect to my Rocket with TuneECU using the cable I bought.

Gosh, I apologize.

We're dealing with technology here, and if you notice, that thread started in 2010 (!) when the whole computer landscape was different.

For electronics (and parts availability) I recommend always starting at the last post in a thread and working backwards.

Working that way, you would have discovered a post from 2018 by @mully95 where he captured the proper cable: LonElec UK

And you may be aware that support for the free version (laptop/notebook) of TuneECU ceased some years ago, though many of us are still using it. The supported version is available for Android, and cost $12 several years ago in PlayStore - and you need to decide which version you are using FIRST - and THEN purchase your cable, because if you look on the LonElec site, you'll see they have a number of different adapters depending on the type mobile device you're using, more specifically what kind of external USB connection is fitted.

I do need to clean up that thread, or put another one in its place as a "how-to" sticky.

Back