Where is everyone getting their insurance from..and are they insisting on a tracker?

Blairbiker

Knight of the road
Ride
Triumph Rocket GT
currently i'm with carol nash and they won't insure unless i have a tracker fitted, I tried bennets and they are saying the same. I really don't want to waste the whole day phoning various ins companies, so I'm hoping someone can help

currently i'm with carol nash and they won't insure unless i have a tracker fitted, I tried bennets and they are saying the same. I really don't want to waste the whole day phoning various ins companies, so I'm hoping someone can help
I got my bike in nov. And had to change my insurance mid policy, stayed with Bennetts and got ripped off for the remaining 4 months of my policy. Had quotes on the mcn compare for 12 months insurance that were the same as Bennetts charged for the remaining 4 months!
I dont recall any of the quotes asking for a tracker? Ill be going with one of those in april.

Last edited:
I got my bike in nov. And had to change my insurance mid policy, stayed with Bennetts and got ripped off for the remaining 4 months of my policy. Had quotes on the mcn compare for 12 months insurance that were the same as Bennetts charged for the remaining 4 months!
I dont recall any of the quotes asking for a tracker? Ill be going with one of those in april.
I'll be needing a multi bike policy so i had to phone insurance broker direct as it was unable to give me a quote online, i don't need it until the 1st March so I've got time to waste time looking around:(, luckily that's when my insurance for my other bike runs out though. i've been stung with adding on a bike midway through my policy before:mad:

I'll be needing a multi bike policy so i had to phone insurance broker direct as it was unable to give me a quote online, i don't need it until the 1st March so I've got time to waste time looking around:(, luckily that's when my insurance for my other bike runs out though. i've been stung with adding on a bike midway through my policy before:mad:
Off the top of my head, it cost me around £160-180 extra for the 4 months 🤮 ill be back on mcn compare come march

I've just insured my 2020 R3 GT with Bennets. They didn't ask for a tracker. By far the cheapest for me at £315, whereas Carole Nash wanted £620. I put the value of my bike at £18750 as I paid just under £19,000 for it. There must be another reason that they are insisting on a tracker. Have you had a recent claim or do you live in a high risk area?
Incidentally, I was insured with Carole Nash for my Triumph Explorer which I had just renewed on 12th December 2020. The premium was £360 and I got back £120, so £240 for just under one month. The company that was insuring the Explorer wouldn't insure the R3, and as I said, the company that would (with Carole Nash) wanted £620.

Back