Question re insurance in the UK

azmerlin

.020 Over
Ride
T Rocker III
Hey my friends,
Quick question re insurance, as the R3 comes ready and wired for the Triumph alarm, only requiring plugging it in and fixing, does that count as 'factory' alarm and immobiliser when applying for insurance ?
Cheers

The alarm has to be fitted by an authorised installer before your insurers will approve it. Another ripoff

In the UK the No Claims Bonus is separate for car and motorcycle and we can have differing amount of years for each. If you have not got a bike for 2-3 years, your motorcycle insurance NCB will expire and you have to start again from 0 NCB. One to remember if you're taking a break from riding for a couple of years, maybe get a little 50cc to insure to keep NCB?

But while NCB is separate for car and bike, the any accidents or claims in the last 5 years question when applying for insurance means any claims or accidents on either car or bike. So if you have a claim on your car policy, it won't reduce your bike NCB, but you still need to declare it and it will affect your bike premium.

In the UK the No Claims Bonus is separate for car and motorcycle and we can have differing amount of years for each. If you have not got a bike for 2-3 years, your motorcycle insurance NCB will expire and you have to start again from 0 NCB. One to remember if you're taking a break from riding for a couple of years, maybe get a little 50cc to insure to keep NCB?

But while NCB is separate for car and bike, the any accidents or claims in the last 5 years question when applying for insurance means any claims or accidents on either car or bike. So if you have a claim on your car policy, it won't reduce your bike NCB, but you still need to declare it and it will affect your bike premium.

Yep robbing Bastards got it all sewn up .

Yes true. I had an accident in my company van and it put £50 on my bike insurance and £80 on my car insurance and up to then i had no accidents. They use any excuse to get more money out of you. I have even read in the small print on my motorcycle insurance that if you take the road tax off of your bike due to a layup you are no longer insured. Even when it's locked up in the garage. It's a rip off.

Back