When real men smelled of engine oil cigarettes and brill cream

Old video of how they used make Triumphs when life was black and white

I notice a lack of a torque wrench and health and safety

Great Facebook page full old bike related videos if you have some time to kill

( if you don't know what Brill cream is your to young and shouldn't be on the internet without supervision )

I have seen the first half of this on You tube, but the whole movie wasn't there. There is also a great history of trying to keep Triumph alive before its eventual demise. The workers worked for nothing for extended periods as a cooperative .... thanks for putting this up. Couldn't afford Brill creame, I used Vasaline Hair Tonic, probably why I have no hair now.

Thanks for this;);):thumbsup:

Maybe I'm just tired, but I often think I would have enjoyed growing up in that time period more than this one. Was life as insanely busy back then as it is now?!

Ah yes, the good ol' days, eh??

But think - fifty years from now, THESE will be the good ol' days............

Bit of a worry, that.....................

Ah yes, the good ol' days, eh??

But think - fifty years from now, THESE will be the good ol' days............

Bit of a worry, that.....................
Always look on the bright side of life - Not if your dead which 99% of us will be!

Funny Story about Brylcreem, back in the late 50's early 60's my father was a hot Linesman for Alberta power. On Friday nights if they were stringing power lines in a more remote location and they could not get back to town in time to do their hair up right before they went to the bar they would just climb the poles and crack a transformer dip the comb in and use that to fancy up their hair. Can you imagine that happening today, the EPA would crucify you and you would be locked away for decontamination. Dad always said that Brylcreem worked better but you made do with what you had :eek:

Title of this thread reminded me of the pic i have of my Dad and his mates in the early 60's , he's the one on the far left

12341122_10153177270962097_3952313023334163353_n.jpg
Now THAT is ONE cool picture.... well awesome

Back