What would you do?

You guys think I can walk into Kmart and pick up from the automotive department coolant? Do I have to drain any remaining coolant or can the new coolant be mixed with the old? Sorry for such simple questions.

Also, the replacement fuse? How standard are they? Where do I but replacements? (I'm in the USA, NYC).

You guys think I can walk into Kmart and pick up from the automotive department coolant? Do I have to drain any remaining coolant or can the new coolant be mixed with the old? Sorry for such simple questions.

Could I for instance use :
Prestone 50/50 Antifreeze Coolant. How many gallons would I need if it were low/empty? I don't mind buying more than needed just don't want to end up with less.

The fuses are available wherever you would get them for your car ,parts stores,wally world ,etc.Samefor the coolant as long as it aluminum friendly.If you haven't changed the coolant before I would drain it then refill I believe the capacity is less than a gallon.

Fuses don't usually just blow for no reason...so be ready if the new one blows to be checking for a fan that's gone bad and maybe threw a winding.

Could I for instance use :
Prestone 50/50 Antifreeze Coolant. How many gallons would I need if it were low/empty? I don't mind buying more than needed just don't want to end up with less.

Below is the service manual. On page 12.1 is where the Cooling starts. The manual is not going to match the exact year of your bike but more than 90% pertains to the Roadster if not all of the info in the manual. Having the manual explains the procedures more accurately than some members have explained. :rolleyes: Like "the bike needs to be in a upright position to check the coolant level" and if you going to change the coolant there is a bleed that needs to opened....."Slowly add coolant mixture to the system, through the filler opening in the radiator, until coolant escapes from the bleed screw."

Service Manual

Back