What would you do?

JoshNYC

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph 2010 RIII R
So was riding a lady home just now. For the first time ever noticed the heat indicator lit up. So I tried to coast the last couple of miles on low revs, problem is we are in NYC with traffic and red lights. Made it to her place. As soon as we got off though the Rocket started a medium light spray of coolant (I think) out of the left side. I think from directly under the chrome mounted a bit to left of gas tank.

Assuming I can start the rocket...
Do you think it's safe to ride it 5 miles, late at night when there are few red lights to stop at and no traffic so I can get her back home? It will be down to 64 degrees tonight. Or do I leave her on the street and try to schedule a mechanics visit for asap? Any advice appreciated. Sorry if there isn't enough to go on but if anyone has any ideas as to what I should look into I'll try. Thanks !

Take the radiator cap off and check fluid level if low fill it to the top. There is a little screw on the side of the cap that you have to loosen or remove to get the cap off.refill the over flow bottle also. Start the bike look for obvious leaks before riding.

Let it cool down and top off the coolant when it does. Check the hoses going to the overflow tank, that is the area the leak came from. Start it and make sure the radiator fan is starting when it warms up, if not check the fuse. you should be able to make it home in the evening.

S/F

B

Thanks Guys!

Looks like the fuse was blown. Looked discolored compared to what I assume are extras at the end of the rows. Substituted the "fresh" one with the old one. Had some trouble checking the coolant level but will try checking again once I get her into a garage.

it's easy check coolant level, just let bike cool completely and take a light such as on a smartphone and hold it up underneath the front of the chrome thingy on the left of the tank. you can see the front of the coolant expansion bottle there, between the chrome thingy and the tank, along with the min & max levels. it will need to be out of direct sunlight though otherwise hard to see

btw... any pics of the lady for us???

Back