nightrocket

.040 Over
ok due to an event i dont like bringing up much i need to do something with my fuel tank, amongs other items im looking repairing it or replaceing i have an 07 jetblack i found an 05 jetblack for about the same price as paint materials. keep in mind im buying quality mats not the cheep bottom shelf junk. my question is did they change anything from 05-07. or can i just use the 05 tank? i have till monday to put a stop on mixing the paint so i dont have much time to get this sorted. any input would be awsome

According to the shop manual, the only thing that physically changed from the bikes introduction was the location of the rear brake hard line and the sump plate drain plug relocation. Nothing changed as far as the fuel tank or it's mounts or sending unit/fuel pump/filter.

I'll stand corrected on that but that's what I can ascertain from the shop manuals.

ok due to an event i dont like bringing up much i need to do something with my fuel tank, amongs other items im looking repairing it or replaceing i have an 07 jetblack i found an 05 jetblack for about the same price as paint materials. keep in mind im buying quality mats not the cheep bottom shelf junk. my question is did they change anything from 05-07. or can i just use the 05 tank? i have till monday to put a stop on mixing the paint so i dont have much time to get this sorted. any input would be awsome

Pretty sure it's a different color black. By my research, the 2005 is Jet Black and the 2007 is Phantom Black. The Phantom Black is a metal-flake paint. I have an '07 but haven't personally seen the black '05

Back