Watched a Horrible Motorcycle accident Yesterday

That kind of thing stays with you forever. The tragedy is it didn't have to happen. The essence of someone writing checks with the right wrist the body has to cash. Too sad.

sure makes me think about the foolish things i have done and got away with...all for the rush....and i see others doing similar stuff from time to time....just shake my head....saw some patched riders the other morning..maybe 6 of them ..pissing with rain...still very dark..going like buggery only 3ft apart from each other....sounded cool but one mistake and it all turns to custard....

I ride often at very high speeds on the Hwy. Light traffic and knowing the road very well. I ride it everyday and can tell you exactly where the rough spots are at on the pavement. My reaction time here lately due to medication has stopped that. If your going to go out and get it you had better have your riding skills up to par. Things happen very fast at speeds of over 100 miles per hour. Much faster than taking twisty turns on back roads. Different skill set required. You have to watch front tires on cages and avoid flat beds and semi's. Flat beds have a bad habit of loosing gear. Semi's have a bad habit of creating wind turbulence that can screw you up at high speeds. I see a flat bed i slow down same with a semi. I see a pick up loaded down with stuff i slow it down. Traffic is heavy and believe me my version of heavy would be light to most i slow it down. This guy was cutting in and out of traffic at very high speed but was cutting traffic way to close. From what i observed he caused a few folks to brake he cut that close. When he passed me he gunned it. I was doing 80 miles per hour at the time and he passed me like i was sitting still. I firmly believe he was looking in his rear view mirrors to long to see if i was going to come up on him. I saw the flat beds and dropped my speed. His speed increased. There is a rough spot on the highway and that is when the flat bed lost the paint can causing the other flat bed to brake. I'm no expert but figure the two trucks were doing about 75 miles per hour when the back one braked for the paint can. I figure the guy on the bike was around 150 miles per hour or better. It was a Honda sport bike with a modified exhaust. Not a little one either. A novice on a very fast bike that had no clue. What he should have done was cut the speed and accept current conditions. Instead he thought for a second to long that he may be challenged. I had a incident a few years back with a guy on a goldwing. He passed me at a high rate of speed on a back road heading towards a toy run. I had seen deer on the side of the road and slowed down. He did not. I ended up with my thump holding his artery in his groin so he would not bleed to death before help arrive. We are now friends and his wife was very grateful. He still rides but has taken a few motorcycle course and has become a pretty good rider. Nothing wrong with riding fast and hard but there is a time and place for everything. You really have to pay attention and let your ego take a back seat at times if you want to live to ride. The best i can hope for is someone with a brain reads this post and reads between the lines gets this. Long post but guys lets keep it real. Stay safe and ride.

@sonny - Many many years ago (I was still at school) I was witness to a horrific bus crash. Rolled, caught alight - bits of people all over the place.
I was with my best mate and his dad, who was the driver and a Police Sergeant, so he had to stop even though he was off duty.
What has stayed with me is the smell. The sound of screams and sight of "bit's" has over time faded.
If you need to offload - PM me.

Back