Watched a Horrible Motorcycle accident Yesterday

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Coming home last night i wittiness a horrible accident on Hwy 75. Watched a guy in my rear view mirror coming on strong in heavy traffic. He was weaving in and out of traffic. He passed me like i was sitting still. At the time was doing around 80 miles per hour riding WITH traffic. The flat bed pickup in front of him suddenly hit his brakes. Later found out a paint can had fallen out of a Flatbed in front of him and that is why he hit his breaks. The guy on the bike that passed me must have been looking in his rear view mirrors. Never saw a brake light come on. He hit the flat bed doing well over 100 miles per hour. Horrible. The bike was stuck to the truck. Half of the the guy stayed on the bike. The upper half ended up in the bed of the truck. I stopped and realized the guy was dead on impact. The owner of the truck went into shock when he saw the body. A guy in a car had stopped and i asked him to call 911 and report it. He did. In less than 3 minutes a state trooper was on the scene. State trooper saw the condition of the truck driver and called for a ambulance. The dude was freaking out. State Trooper came back to me and asked if i saw what happened. I gave him in detail what i had observed. At the time did not really mess with my head much. IS NOW.

Not sure what I can say, but that is terrible. Delayed shock is understandable as your prior training kicked in at the time. Everytime I see a rider racing through traffic like a race track I think that unfortunately their time is coming if they don't change. However, the way it affects others is sometimes the hard part. Stay well and don't be afraid to talk it out with friends.

Last year I came upon a guy on a some kind of V twin that had ran into a guard rail. His hiking boot was out in the street he was laying on the ground side of the rail and his foot had been ripped off. His bike was about 100 feet down the road and off in the weeds. The fire department showed up as soon as I stopped so I since I hadn't seen what happened I left and had a couple strong ones.

Very sad Sonny. Please keep safe yourself. I witnessed the aftermath of a bike accident that happened not more than a minute ahead of me while driving a set of triples. 2 years ago a Rider and Wife passed me several miles before the accident. Both ended up in pieces. Freaked me out. Sad thing is they left 4 sons behind. Elementary to High School age. Every time I pass the spot where it happened, I say a prayer for the sons.

I have seen a lot of accidents on Hwy 75 between Henryetta and Tulsa. About a 57 mile stretch of highway. Lot of side roads entering and exiting the Hwy. Even at mid day it is not uncommon to see a deer or two jump the highway. Traffic is usually light but it is not uncommon for oncoming traffic to pull onto the highway at the wrong time. There are sections of the highway that have no side streets and have gunned it rather well in those sections. Thursday was not the day for such game. Traffic was heavier than normal and have no clue why this guy was riding so fast. Am not that upset over seeing the rider but the poor owner of the flatbed was out of it. Was not his fault but he kept crying "What Have I done" I am hoping he is OK and realizes he did nothing wrong.

I have seen a lot of accidents on Hwy 75 between Henryetta and Tulsa. About a 57 mile stretch of highway. Lot of side roads entering and exiting the Hwy. Even at mid day it is not uncommon to see a deer or two jump the highway. Traffic is usually light but it is not uncommon for oncoming traffic to pull onto the highway at the wrong time. There are sections of the highway that have no side streets and have gunned it rather well in those sections. Thursday was not the day for such game. Traffic was heavier than normal and have no clue why this guy was riding so fast. Am not that upset over seeing the rider but the poor owner of the flatbed was out of it. Was not his fault but he kept crying "What Have I done" I am hoping he is OK and realizes he did nothing wrong.
Awful thing to witness for sure, i bet that poor man is selling that truck!

Back