visit to brave ones

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
for my US friends

as I stay at my sister's castle in ANJOU region in france I am only 100 miles from SAINT JAMES cemetary in normandy where US military servicemen from the D_day campaign are buried .
I will go there and pay my respect to these brave souls this sunday also take a picture of the stone of E.J DECOURSY a soldier among them who still has living relatives in florida who could not ever go there in persons
.it is my personal gesture toward saying thank you for your sacrifices.to all those who remained on french soil forever

Thanks Patrick. We will watch for your posts.

Bill.
Hi Bill I noticed as I typed that my avatar flag shows the french flag and not my current address in canada I guess I must be in france no doubts!!
I will post the pictures I take there
the place is near Mont saint Michel a famous landmark off the coast of normandy

You honor us all, including our brave Canadian allies who also made the ultimate sacrifice on Normandy's shores, albertaduke. Thanks!

I have gone to the saint james cemetery in saint james normandy today, I was greeted by a US military person who gave me all the explanation needed for the 4410 servicemen buried there among them two enlisted canadian infantry men . all headstones are of white Losie marble from italy and they all face west toward HOME. I bowed my head to private first class Ed de courcy and when the wind blew some I took a picture of the official flag placed in front at 4inches from the headstone I also smeared some normandy beach sand on the face of his headstone to make the inscription appear , the sand is provided by the US person in charge and it is a perfectly honorable action . I will send all the pictures and regiment information about Ed de courcy to the family .
I just have to see why the pictures do not transfer from my phone to the computer another reason I cannot post the pictures on this post

all in all a somber but enlightened day
some have said war is a continuation form of political gamesmanship I strongly object when i think of all the blood spilled from young men like the 4410 young men buried there.

Last edited:
Thanks Patrick. I don't like war. I honor the brave folks who fight for our freedom. Imagine a world where man doesn't fight over things.

Back