64Herald

Been there, done that, now whats next?
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic Bone/ivory
I was at the Doc's Fri. All test show I'm doing fine. In 6 weeks I get a scan to see if it;s working. Feeling much better, so much so that I told Alrene (my partner) on Tues the 7 of Feb that I would like to take the camper out and go to Fla for 2 weeks. She said why doun't we leave Sunday when everyone is getting ready for the game. So Firstime in 6 years off we go. No special planes just heading south stopping in KEY West for a few days on the 14/15 check the web cams at hogs breath I'll be there for lunch on the 15

You go Anthony! As of 3-8-2012 I will be officially (semi) retired. Hopefully will be able to afford to take a little time off with SS check coming in. Glad you are going to the Keys. It is a great ride!!!! I did it with MB about 3 years ago. We flew to Miami and rented a Hardley. There is a really small key you will go over (bridge) that you can take and exit off and down to ground level. There is a museum there where the architects and engineers lived and worked out of and who where building the highway to Key west. MB's great grandfather was a geo type engineer who helped build the bridge. It is worth the stop. There is a small pier there you can walk out on that is a couple of feet above sea level and you can watch the fishes. We saw shark et al. Different wildlife too.

Glad you are making progress Here's my update:
I am getting stronger every day but still have a whole lot of extra skin from losing 70 lbs. I sound like froggy on little rascals when I talk but I am able to eat now. Still strangle a little but getting better and better. I'm having the IV port removed along with the feeding tube on Wednesday. Yea!!!! My throat still feels like I have been "clothes lined" but that is what hydrocodone is made for! Woo and also Hoo! I like Norco!. Hard to keep myself on only 3 a day.

You go Anthony! As of 3-8-2012 I will be officially (semi) retired. Hopefully will be able to afford to take a little time off with SS check coming in. Glad you are going to the Keys. It is a great ride!!!! I did it with MB about 3 years ago. We flew to Miami and rented a Hardley. There is a really small key you will go over (bridge) that you can take and exit off and down to ground level. There is a museum there where the architects and engineers lived and worked out of and who where building the highway to Key west. MB's great grandfather was a geo type engineer who helped build the bridge. It is worth the stop. There is a small pier there you can walk out on that is a couple of feet above sea level and you can watch the fishes. We saw shark et al. Different wildlife too.

I can highly recomment semi-retirement, especially when you ease into it. By that I mean I'm not doing much at all just now. Had a chat with a consulting firm who might want to use me from time to time but otherwise I'm just chillin' for now.
You two guys are inspiational.

Glade to hear your getting stronger Ken. It was so much easier when we were young. I try to walk everyday more and more......The goal by MV is to be able to wear a speado ( a used yellow one) to show off my six pack. I might be carring it but I will have one.

Hey Ken glad to hear you're feeling better that does sound like a great trip I have wanting to do it myself for several years wanting to go to South Carolina and head down the coast and come back up Gulf Coast

Feel free to stop and buy all of us NW Florida fellas a frosty beverage. There are 5 of us on here that live within 50 miles, or less, of each other.

Sounds like both of you are doing great. That alone makes a lot of people's day better. Keep getting stronger and remember to rest.

Back