Update...broke down yet again

the reason i ask is i have learned through personal experience that Li-Ion batteries and some if the newer technology batteries need to warm up before being able to get all their cranking amps going like even turning on a turn signal or so before starting wondering if maybe you try that and like turn the bike on for a few seconds before you hit the ignition on the first start of the day
Perhaps you are right. All I can do in the interim is experiment with the time between turning on the bike, then priming the injectors and fuel pump, then hitting the starter. It seems no matter how long I crank the bike on the first start, it will just crank without even a hint of turning over. Its only when I stop, wait, then hit start again is when it starts immediately. My dealer mechanic seemed 100% sure after what I told him that its completely normal and will be looked at again at 3rd service in a few months with perhaps another update. The specs on my new battery are Dynavolt Gel MG20CH. The oem Yuasa YTX20CH isnt available in Oz anymore.

I had a Triumph tt600, changed tunes, tried everything, only started on 3rd crank, 100% of the time, when cold. First year of full injection, never figured out an answer. Always started on 3rd crank, didn't matter if first 2 cranks were long or short, a real mystery

It's been 1 week since I got bike back from dealer. They stated the issue was the battery. Only charged for 1 hour's labour so I'm guessing they didn't really look any further than the rear of the bike. Regulator/rectifier, stator, frayed wiring etc could have caused the battery issue but I'll never know. I've put 200ks on it and so far no problems, electrically speaking. However, now when starting from cold it just cranks but won't start no matter how long the starter button is pressed. If I stop, then try again it starts immediately. According to dealer, it had a software update when the new battery was installed and this non-starting glitch is normal. When the bike is warm it starts straight away. It's only when starting the next day this software issue arises. "TRIPLESPEED" started a thread stating the same troubles as me. Soon as he got a software update his bike wouldn't start first time either....
Just yet another annoying problem. I'm looking at trading/selling for something else as soon as I can. The bike itself runs great and it has done for 7800kms. Maybe the new owner who might be mechanically minded will have better luck.
Sorry to hear that m8, every time I hear about a new issue with Rocket, it makes me more determined to finish my efforts with mine, for the sake of everyone screwed over by Triumph. It's a shame with the approach they have to these issues, especially with the fault on their side :-(

Sorry to hear that m8, every time I hear about a new issue with Rocket, it makes me more determined to finish my efforts with mine, for the sake of everyone screwed over by Triumph. It's a shame with the approach they have to these issues, especially with the fault on their side :-(
Just to rub more salt into my wounds, the keyfob now wont communicate with my bike. I have to press and HOLD while its green and quickly hit the power button on the bike to get it to power up. The keyfob works but there is no connection once i let go of the push-button. Honestly, I cant wait to get rid of my R3. Each week its something new...........with less than 8k on the clock.
Off to the dealer YET AGAIN tomorrow. :mad:

Just to rub more salt into my wounds, the keyfob now wont communicate with my bike. I have to press and HOLD while its green and quickly hit the power button on the bike to get it to power up. The keyfob works but there is no connection once i let go of the push-button. Honestly, I cant wait to get rid of my R3. Each week its something new...........with less than 8k on the clock.
You definitely pissed off the Triumph Gods in your prior life. You are having everyone's combined problems A-Z on your Rocket. You hung in long enough. You just got a bad Rocket and it happens I guess. I think you used up your bad JuJu so you should be good on your next bike. Good luck.:thumbsup:

Hmm, another weird issue I'm hearing about for the first time, oh my... You are definitely cursed more than myself, don't have any other explanation for this 😟
Regarding the "bad Rocket" post. That's the main issue here, there shouldn't be any bad Rockets, if the manufacture maintains quality procedures consistently. There can be an issue here and there, but this? Unbelievable...
And I'm working at quality control myself, so I have an idea...

My rocket now sold....
Sad but relieved.
Too many issues for me to really enjoy it. Hope the new owner has better luck and enjoys it for the great bike it should be.
Thanks to all for help and advice on this thread.
God bless, merry xmas and a prosperous new year to all.
👍😀❤️

Back