turn signal speedo led problem

camccardell

.060 Over
Ride
2007 Rocket 3 Classic Tourer
I noticed today when I was out for a ride that the led on the speedometer doesn't flash when I turn on my turn signals. I pulled over to verify that the turn signals are indeed flashing, and they are.
Is it possible that the LED just burned out? I find that very hard to believe, but anything is possible I suppose.

Ideas?

I noticed today when I was out for a ride that the led on the speedometer doesn't flash when I turn on my turn signals. I pulled over to verify that the turn signals are indeed flashing, and they are.
Is it possible that the LED just burned out? I find that very hard to believe, but anything is possible I suppose.

Ideas?

LED's do not burn out normally , would guess that it is a incandescent bulb .

You have this one, right?

Looks like LED to me.
And note also Triumph includes parts break-out for bulbs in those instruments in models which use them (none here on the classic)

Does not work whether left or right?
If one or other only then would say look for connector/wire issue; if neither side then, although rare, LED may be bad (or bad solder connection on the board)

yes, those are what I have. It came back on again the other day, but then right back out. Bad solder or corrosion may be the issue. Trying to find a diagram of the internals.

Back