cane corso

Turbocharged
Ride
05 Triumph rocket 111
When I was in Utah the dealership said I had a recall somthing to do with the idling but there was no charge so they fixed whatever even though my idle seemed fine.
Now I moved to Tronto and find that it doesn't seem as good on gas and it seems to backfiring and you get a popcorn sound when you let go of the gas.
It never did that before:( Does anyone know why? Is it because of the altitude difference? That I might need to get it re-tuned?

When I was in Utah the dealership said I had a recall somthing to do with the idling but there was no charge so they fixed whatever even though my idle seemed fine.
Now I moved to Tronto and find that it doesn't seem as good on gas and it seems to backfiring and you get a popcorn sound when you let go of the gas.
It never did that before:( Does anyone know why? Is it because of the altitude difference? That I might need to get it re-tuned?

There was a recall on the '05 and '06 models for an idle problem, the fix was to load a different tune into the ECU. You are finding out like everyone else that the "fixed" tune is terrible. Take it back and see if they can load up a different tune (post your year, model and any modifications and someone can recommend a better standard tune) or start reading up on TuneECU and do it yourself.

I have a 05 Triumph Rocket c model with Jardines and K@N filters and tune boy how would they change by tune for my tune boy when I never gave them the # to get in? This recall was done in Utah and now I moved to Canada. Hurrrr it ran so nice before never ever made a pop sound or back fire dam this turned out free saying it was a recall and they need to do it now its going to cost me money to fix it? :(
I always say why fix something when it works fine , but if I never fixed the recall I wouldn't beable to lisence it here, what can I do?

They changed the tune in the ECU. If you can figure out what your original tune was you can reload it with TuneECU and a $15 cable. I would guess you had the 20050 tune loaded originally, I believe that's the one that was recalled, someone else here may have a better idea of what it was. The good news is that your Tuneboy tune is still intact, restoring the original load on the ECU will fix everything. If you happen to be taking a road trip down my way I can load it up for you, just drop me a line and let me know you're coming.

Back