citrus90000

Standard Bore
Hi there, have been fitting a TTS supercharger setup to a rocket III and had some issues with the dimensions of the supplied drill guide and tapping guide. Spoke to TTS a few weeks ago and they said they would sort replacements but haven't heard back since and their contact number is unavailable.

Would anyone that has done this kit themselved be able to lend me the drill guide and tapping guide for the end of the crank and I will send it back as soon as its job is done? I am located in Northern Ireland and will cover all postage etc. Thanks

Yeah I'm down south in the republic and have the guides. What's the issue?

The drill guide hole was undersized at around 10.3mm on one end and 10.1 something at the other end, a look inside the hole seemed very rough and not well finished.
With the tapping guide I was unable to get either the supplied tap or pulley bolt to start in the threads inside it, the threads inside also look a little rough up close.
R-III-R Turbo, how snug of a fit in the support bearing was your drive spigot? Sliding fit, light interference fit or very tight interference fit, mine seems very tight to get started and am a little apprehensive of its fit as have had dimensional issues with the drill and tap guide.

My clutch pull rod had an issue too, the end that sits inside the gearbox input shaft was slighty too large and wouldnt fit until I got some material skimmed off.
image.png

image(1).png

The drill guide hole was undersized at around 10.3mm on one end and 10.1 something at the other end, a look inside the hole seemed very rough and not well finished.
With the tapping guide I was unable to get either the supplied tap or pulley bolt to start in the threads inside it, the threads inside also look a little rough up close.
R-III-R Turbo, how snug of a fit in the support bearing was your drive spigot? Sliding fit, light interference fit or very tight interference fit, mine seems very tight to get started and am a little apprehensive of its fit as have had dimensional issues with the drill and tap guide.

My clutch pull rod had an issue too, the end that sits inside the gearbox input shaft was slighty too large and wouldnt fit until I got some material skimmed off.
image.png

image(1).png

Sounds like the parts were not machined correctly. There seems to be a theme there across a variety of parts.
The drill bit is a 10.8mm so as to make a M12x1.25mm bore. So you'd imagine the drill guide will be that or a shade over. (sorry my calipers is busted I can't measure it now)

What thread pitch and diameter is the bolt? Just to confirm it is the tap guide that's threaded incorrectly and not that you received the wrong bolt.
And the spec etched on the tap too, is M12x1.25 yes?

Re the drive spigot in the bearing, iirc it was a firm transition fit, def not interference for sure.
Wouldn't want to be clearance either, or the support would not be there and bad things would happen. Needs to be transition.

Well really TTS should send you correct replacements, that would be the fastest and most just.
Failing that you could bring to a machine shop and get the drill guide reamed out to 10.8, and maybe they can remake the tap guide altogether but with good threads.
Might be more appealing than posting mine up & down the country?

I was in touch with them about it a few weeks ago but haven't been able to get through on the phone or email since.

Back