Tricky one

Wags

.020 Over
Ride
2009 Rocket 111
Had a good start to rocket riding my tachco and warning lights decided to go out on my 09. After reading a few posts on this forum I set about trying to find this pesky fault, checked all the plugs and leads under the tank even replaced the one on the ign loom as it looked a bit corroded checked power at tachco and all seemed fine but still the bugger did not want to play. so then decided to pay $700 for new guage thinking that must be the problem fried inside. anyhow before I did I was looking under the bike at other things when I saw the main earth lead at the rear of the engine there was nothing that looked odd about it but I thought i'd loosen and wiggle and retighten it and you know what now every thing is working just fine tachco and all lights have come back just can't figure out how all other systems on bike were fine if this earth was dicky

Could be the rest were earthing through the tach or something odd like that. My Mini was being weird like that for a while, would run perfectly while standing, would cut out and restart when the evap valve operated. Turned out the ECU earth was buggered and it was somehow earthing through the valve.

Earth faults are such a pita. All sorts of weird stuff happens.

Back