Transmission Woes

After taking it for a spin and filling up the tank, the only thing wrong now is the broken speedo. I've been using a phone mount and a speedo app for now.

I've seen a few of the threads about aftermarket gauges, and I think I'm just gonna let a shop deal with it. One full tear down and rebuild is more than enough work for me.

Now to clean all the dirt and grease off of her! :p
I'm guessing it doesn't have a check engine light on, so can't be a problem with the speed sensor, no code's??? how are the connectors to the Speedo, are they nice and shinny clean, I used this method to clean mine, soaked it for about a half hour, worked great, after the water mixture I used contact cleaner to dry really well and then dielectric grease, gl. Don't forget to disconnect the battery 😁 I used a Solo cup

I haven't been able to open up the speedo because the bolt in the dial is stripped. Only the tach sweeps, and the odometer doesn't always track new miles. The odometer is also faint.

I think it had a speed sensor code last time I checked. Will update once I hook up the laptop.

My crazy ex stabbed my tire literally the day after I got it running. :banghead: I've got new cobra chromes on the way. Rear already made it out of the warehouse.

Just make sure you don't do what I did, I was working under the tank and disconnected the instrument's without disconnecting the battery first, was in a rush and not really thinking what I should do first, but when I put it back together and rode it, code p1500 I think came up and another one having to do with the can bus, I reset the can bus but the p1500 I think is the problem with communication with the speed sensor or a short or something. Long story short I guess the voltage spike or the connection's grounded and fried the sensor.
But good news, I picked up a used one from | Pinwall Cycle Parts, Inc | Your one stop, motorcycle shop for used parts, service, accessories, & apparel , I think they are in Ohio, worked out pretty good, actually my daughter bought it for me for father's day last year, was like $65. I've bought a lot of of them, collecting sensor's just in case they get discontinued, bought a complete set of TB's too with injectors and sensors

Ahh, life is improving.
PXL_20220513_151727383.jpg

Alright, new cable is here. These are the engine codes that are showing. Note that I have to start the bike and run it to get it to show up on the app. Gauges don't sweep when you turn the key with the kill switch set to on.

Speedo hasn't been working since before the transmission problems. It went from periodically working to nothing at all. The odometer also only occasionally updates - usually only after the bike has been off and on again.
Screenshot_20220523-153220.png

Nevermind, I can connect without starting the bike now. Looks like the TPS isn't working at all. Gonna check the connections.

Back