Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
I still have awhile until I am seriously in the market, but have been to the dealer sizing both of these bikes up. (Either way it WILL be one of these 2). Now comes the dilemma: R3R or R3T?

Here's where I look at each:
R3T
Like the bags/windscreen (may even want to put a fairing and trunk on it)
Dislike the floorboards, heel/toe shifter, tank mounted gauges wider looking/feeling gas tank.

R3R
Like the footpegs, like the looks better (tank, headlights, sportier look), handlebar gauges
Dislike the lack of bags and windscreen, needs passenger backrest.

I mostly ride year round, commute and whenever I can. Usually don't have a passenger (wife won't ride) but my live-in 16 y/o niece does. Because I ride a lot, I love having a windscreen and need bags for all weather gear/ emergency items.

How 'bout some comments helping me narrow down which model from you R3 pilots out there....... (I know this is in the R3T forum, so it may be skewed in that direction-may eventually ask the same question in the R3R forum also).

I especially like the floorboards, heel/toe shifter and the windshield. Bags are very useful and I don´t mind the tank mounted gauges at all. I guess I am the Touring kind of guy.

If you like the looks of R3R better I guess there is no question about which one you should buy, right?

Welcome from Florida,sounds like you would be happier with a R3R and add the extras.

sit on them both. the roadster is much more upright than the touring. Get the one you're comfortable on and you can add/modify what you don't like later.
Aside from the desire for luggage, the laid back position of the touring is what I was looking for. If that doesn't appeal to you then you should go for the roadster.
In other words: Sit Happy.

Welcome to the forum, a souce for all you'll need to know.

You can fit bags, screen etc to the Roadster then you'd have the best oif both worlds.

Welcome, echo what the others said. It would be helpful for you to add your location to your profile, please.

Personally, I went with the Roadster, added a red striped flyscreen, removable backrest and a Triumph Thunderbird sissybar bag (I usually ride solo so I remove the passenger seat and backrest). It always gets complements from onlookers including my Harley brothers. It dwarfs the Harleys because it sits you quite a bit higher and of course its huge presence. The R3T is quite nice but to me looks a lot like a Harley cruiser. You can jazz up the R3R for touring with accessories. Bottom line- If your going to buy the bike for mostly rode tripping across the country, get the Touring. If you primarily like to scoot around the local area with the occasional trip, get the Roadster and add removable touring accessories. It's a win-win no matter which model you choose!

Hey echo . This is THE only forum you will need for either !
The roadster will make you sexier to women ,
Successful in your chosen occupation and younger , whereas the tourer will do much the same , just a bit slower ! ;)
Backrests , parcel shelves and bags can be fitted to the roadster . Plus you can scratch the pegs in style . All down to what makes you feel boss really ? But either will make you grin ! :thumbsup:

I would love to have the Roadster performance and style. I really hate the tank mounted gage's on the touring. The problem is, the things I like are all on the Touring. Floor boards with a more forward leg position, crash bars for mounting highway pegs, hard bags for storage and rain gear, auxiliary lights, a windshield, comfortable seat options with a backrest and a few other things. When your start adding all those feature into the roadster it starts to add up to a lot of $$$. So...I added a tach and a different tune to make it perform better. All I really give up, considering my particular riding style, is bragging rights knowing I have a faster bike. With that said..I can make my bike perform much better and cheaper than I can accessorize the Roadster.

With all that said, go with what makes your boat float and trips you trigger. Buy one of each and you will be happy! I suggested that to the wife, but I found her packing my bag and calling me a cab.

I still have awhile until I am seriously in the market, but have been to the dealer sizing both of these bikes up. (Either way it WILL be one of these 2). Now comes the dilemma: R3R or R3T?

Here's where I look at each:
R3T
Like the bags/windscreen (may even want to put a fairing and trunk on it)
Dislike the floorboards, heel/toe shifter, tank mounted gauges wider looking/feeling gas tank.

R3R
Like the footpegs, like the looks better (tank, headlights, sportier look), handlebar gauges
Dislike the lack of bags and windscreen, needs passenger backrest.

I mostly ride year round, commute and whenever I can. Usually don't have a passenger (wife won't ride) but my live-in 16 y/o niece does. Because I ride a lot, I love having a windscreen and need bags for all weather gear/ emergency items.

How 'bout some comments helping me narrow down which model from you R3 pilots out there....... (I know this is in the R3T forum, so it may be skewed in that direction-may eventually ask the same question in the R3R forum also).
YOU can put all the goodies on the R3R and it is lighter ,has bigger tires and wheels , better gauges with tach,larger gas tank , and it handles better and has more power. I would get the Roadster and set it up to your liking

Last edited:
Back