well not taking advise on the recall on the way up to the mountains the wobble started and it started fast now I go in the morning to the shop in asheville to get a new one put on I still want to test the beast on the dragon and I am not going home with out doing it

My dealer ordered them when they were first able to and now stated they are currently on backorder.. Could be a week, could be longer, no way of knowing..
If you've got a wobble already, swap them out with Avons or Metzlers and file a claim, it's not worth the money to take a chance...

My dealer emailed me last week that he'd have the tires this week and set me to come in Wednesday to get 'em on the bike. I'm glad to be getting them before the trip.

tyre recall/tarnish on rims

hi rainman
you mention replacing rims because of tarnish
my touring will be going in for tyre recall and a few warranty items soon
i have tarnish on my rims not too bad yet
had you any difficulty persuading triumph to replace the rims
regards mike

my mechenic noticed the rims before it was taken out the doors he toke pix and sent it to triumph to see if they would replce it like i said the bike had not left the showroom floor yet just talk to your dealer and see what they can do

Picked up some accessories on Fri and the dealer had the tires. I am due for my first service and of course the new tires. So i told the salesman to call me when they worked out a schedule. This was Fri. And it is now early Tues. Lets see if they call today. If not Im going to do the first service myself. Oil change no problem, check head bearings no problem, clutch adjust no problem, then the usual bolt check. So I see no reason to use the dealer unless there is a warranty issue. But I am starting to become disappointed in my local dealership.:cool:

mutt

Back