Bedifferent

Old man on a bike
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I let my old ATRE-GIpro gear indicator go with my wrecked Rocket. I wasn't going to spend the money on another one since I had the tach to guide me, but they are now selling the old version out for just over a hundred bucks. I no longer need the ATRE function with the derestricting tune, but since I had my little enclosure already made, I decided to buy one. My old unit was mounted to a special bracket I made that utilized the screws and space available under the handle bar clamp. The fancy cross clamp prevented me from using the center of the bar.

Anyway, I made a few modifications and now mounted everything on a chrome P-Clamp located on the crossbar. Back in business...not really a must, but it really is kind of handy and cool to look at...especially in the dark. Gotta love the soft glow of neon blue day or night. I like it! :):rolleyes:

Attachments

• 14567137338595.jpg
    14567137338595.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 14567136369233.jpg
    14567136369233.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20170620_163204.jpg
    20170620_163204.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 1
I agree the ATRE-GIpro was one of the best additions I made to my Touring, and the blue Neon was a nice feature I mounted mine on a Stainless steel bracket andit looked like it was factory standard ,I would recommend this addition to any Touring as I always used it to find neutral and to get out of the fragile 2nd gear:thumbsup:
iphone marg 285.JPG

I let my old ATRE-GIpro gear indicator go with my wrecked Rocket. I wasn't going to spend the money on another one since I had the tach to guide me, but they are now selling the old version out for just over a hundred bucks. I no longer need the ATRE function with the derestricting tune, but since I had my little enclosure already made, I decided to buy one. My old unit was mounted to a special bracket I made that utilized the screws and space available under the handle bar clamp. The fancy cross clamp prevented me from using the center of the bar.

Anyway, I made a few modifications and now mounted everything on a chrome P-Clamp located on the crossbar. Back in business...not really a must, but it really is kind of handy and cool to look at...especially in the dark. Gotta love the soft glow of neon blue day or night. I like it! :):rolleyes:

You need to make a few pf these for us less talented members! ;) Happy to pay a reasonable sum :)

You need to make a few pf these for us less talented members! ;) Happy to pay a reasonable sum :)

Once upon a time it would have been easy to do when I was still teaching machine shop and had all the tools. Now it's cut and bend everything by hand with a lot of filing and custom work. It takes forever and there is no way to be consistant. :):confused::banghead:

I got one of these years ago and never installed it.
Can you review how to disable the tuning part so it's just a gear indicator?

I got one of these years ago and never installed it.
Can you review how to disable the tuning part so it's just a gear indicator?

It comes from the factory in the normal or inactive mode. To change it, you simply push the button on the bottom. The current mode is displayed and will blink for 3 seconds unless you change it. A ~ symbol means it's disabled. If you push the button while the display is blinking it will cycle through each of the 4 settings as you push the button then back to ~ or disabled. To teach it your gears you have to hold the button in while in neutral until the "L" appears on the display. As the displays cycles through each gear you need to shift your bike to that gear. When all 5 gears have been learned push the button again as you don't have a 6th gear. A "U" will appear showing all 5 gears have been learned. You can also adjust the brightness as well. Put the bike in neutral with the power off...hold the bottom button in while you turn on your key to power it up. Continue to hold the button in for 3 seconds until an "A" appears. The default brightness is 4...push the button to cycle through each brightness level with 9 being the brightest. If you set it on 9 you will disable the auto dimming at night. I wouldn't pick that number. When you get to the brightness number you want just wait till it stops flashing and you are all set.

Back