Throttle position sensor issue

I purchased the bike with the tuneboy maps already loaded and got the tuners details from the previous owner who also sent me the information as to what had been already done. I then contacted the the tuner to ask what I should purchase for future fault finding if required as I live in a remote area ,I was told Tune ECU would be fine diagnosing which is all I want to do.
I did use Tune ECU to change out the TPS - balanced throtle bodies before doing and test road but still had original fault ie slow return to idle when riding.Now runs like pig as described earlier just of idle to about 5% throttle.
Ok its to bad the old owner did not give you the tune boy password and the gear he got with it. yes you can use the diagnostics on tune ecu to check faults. If it was the multi-trim software you might find it impossible to copy the tune in it do to software anti hacking computer stuff. That being said you might have to load a tune close to what you have to be able to have full tuning capability. Now if it was the older version tune boy you should be able to copy it.
now odes your original fault throw a engine light or code?

Ok its to bad the old owner did not give you the tune boy password and the gear he got with it. yes you can use the diagnostics on tune ecu to check faults. If it was the multi-trim software you might find it impossible to copy the tune in it do to software anti hacking computer stuff. That being said you might have to load a tune close to what you have to be able to have full tuning capability. Now if it was the older version tune boy you should be able to copy it.
now odes your original fault throw a engine light or code?
I did ask the old owner if he had software info/cable for it but he said he had taken it to the tuners workshop where it was tuned on the dyno and he didn't get any gear off the tuner .The previous owner did send dyno printouts - hp/trq & a/f ratios for economy tune and how to change through the maps thats all.
The same fault is present regardless of which map it starts in and no there are no codes present. I do notice doing the TPS set up the voltage does move up/down 0.1 v in both intial tps set up and then the stepper .Also during the second step (setting to 7.2v) the voltage will sit steady then drop down to around 6.4/6.5V for a couple a seconds then come back up to 7.2v - is this normal ?Seems a bit odd , I could understand this in the final adaptive stage. I've done all this with headlight fuse out and trickle charger plugged in ,checked/cleaned all plugs and wiggled/pulled along harness' and plugs with no luck.
I've got a contact number for the guy that did the tune ,I will try to get hold of him after work today and pick his brain.

I did ask the old owner if he had software info/cable for it but he said he had taken it to the tuners workshop where it was tuned on the dyno and he didn't get any gear off the tuner .The previous owner did send dyno printouts - hp/trq & a/f ratios for economy tune and how to change through the maps thats all.
The same fault is present regardless of which map it starts in and no there are no codes present. I do notice doing the TPS set up the voltage does move up/down 0.1 v in both intial tps set up and then the stepper .Also during the second step (setting to 7.2v) the voltage will sit steady then drop down to around 6.4/6.5V for a couple a seconds then come back up to 7.2v - is this normal ?Seems a bit odd , I could understand this in the final adaptive stage. I've done all this with headlight fuse out and trickle charger plugged in ,checked/cleaned all plugs and wiggled/pulled along harness' and plugs with no luck.
I've got a contact number for the guy that did the tune ,I will try to get hold of him after work today and pick his brain.

So it does sound like the newer tune boy set up. and it sounds like you TPS is acting funny. It might need changed but the first thing I would look into is to make sure the proper slack is in both throttle cables so neither one is working against the stepper motor. it will throw the throttle body balance off which in turn would send a lot of erratic information to the ecu. which might be making it hunt for a proper idle and at the same time if the balance is off it would mess with intake vacuum in each cylinder. also clean and lubricate the linkages and spring especially between the throttle bodies. Its amazing how muck gunk builds up on them

So it does sound like the newer tune boy set up. and it sounds like you TPS is acting funny. It might need changed but the first thing I would look into is to make sure the proper slack is in both throttle cables so neither one is working against the stepper motor. it will throw the throttle body balance off which in turn would send a lot of erratic information to the ecu. which might be making it hunt for a proper idle and at the same time if the balance is off it would mess with intake vacuum in each cylinder. also clean and lubricate the linkages and spring especially between the throttle bodies. Its amazing how muck gunk builds up on them
Yeah that was yesterdays attempt - backed cables off so no tension on linkages and lubed all moving bits ,all seem to move equally together. Throttle balance was very close -+10 across the 3 . After checking all I went through the TPS install process again no different . The TPS indicator light on the Tune ECU display has never turned green - even letting it idle untouched for nearly 30 mins This fault is with a new tps and is a new fault since changing ,even tried refitting original tps - fault exactly the same .Original fault was only revs slow to come down from around 1600rpm when riding.

Yeah that was yesterdays attempt - backed cables off so no tension on linkages and lubed all moving bits ,all seem to move equally together. Throttle balance was very close -+10 across the 3 . After checking all I went through the TPS install process again no different . The TPS indicator light on the Tune ECU display has never turned green - even letting it idle untouched for nearly 30 mins This fault is with a new tps and is a new fault since changing ,even tried refitting original tps - fault exactly the same .Original fault was only revs slow to come down from around 1600rpm when riding.
If the TPS indicator light on tune ecu does not turn green I wonder if its actually linked up with the ecu. A easy way to tell is to try a couple of the test like the fans and tach test. if the fan does not turn on and the tach does not move your not connected with the bike. I believe it will also tell you it at the bottom of the test page like it might say test failed. Give that a try and see if it works. maybe by then one of the tune ecu guru's will shed some light on the subject as to whether your linked up or not without the green light on.

If the TPS indicator light on tune ecu does not turn green I wonder if its actually linked up with the ecu. A easy way to tell is to try a couple of the test like the fans and tach test. if the fan does not turn on and the tach does not move your not connected with the bike. I believe it will also tell you it at the bottom of the test page like it might say test failed. Give that a try and see if it works. maybe by then one of the tune ecu guru's will shed some light on the subject as to whether your linked up or not without the green light on.
I don't think is a link issue ,all other test work fine -fan etc. and stepper motor does back right off linkage to check 0.5mm gap on first step of tps set up.

Back