Throttle Adjustment Question after installing MC Cruise Control

PaddyO, the test and cable adjustments I am referring to are in the Instruction Manual on pages 49 to 51.
Hi I had the same problem wen I installed mine but I went back to the start of the set up in the manual and it came good. Can't remember exactly what I had done wrong but think I was adjusting in too bigger bites. If you follow the manual to the letter all is good. If all else fails the McCruise guys are super helpful. Fantastic piece of kit that works suberbly.

Since they don't list one for the Touring, did you guys get a Rocket one or a universal one?

Their Rocket product fits all models within the years specified. Actually when you order you will specify your exact bike so they can give you the bits you will need. For example the control panel for the regular rocket won't fit Touring so Touring gets a choice of two specifically for it.

No Touring choice on the site, though, just Tourer, why I asked,but I don't doubt you.

I have a Rocket 3 touring and fitted fine. I think maybe by "tourer" they mean touring. But just check with them. They have an option for the R3T of above or below the handlebar for the control panel mount. I went with the above but you need to specify when ordering.

No Touring choice on the site, though, just Tourer, why I asked,but I don't doubt you.

They mean "Touring". If you look at the pictures in the "Tourer" section and look at the switch cubes that are visible where they show the image of the MCCruise controls, you can see they're very distinctly Touring switch cubes. The "Tourer" model was just a variant of the normal R3 with the 240 tire and would need the normal R3 kit, not the Touring kit.

I'm not sure exactly what can bus is except it has to do with wires doing multiple tasks so less wiring? But BMW s have it and it is universally hated, makes simple things hard.

I have just had a 1500km 2 day ride after fitting the MC Cruise, 1500km of police infected country roads. The MC Cruise worked 100%, worth every dollar I paid, I wish I had not waited so long to buy it.

Back