thoughts on my new sound

kingmerle

child of the king
Ride
08 R3T
Tors mounted. Tune complete. Lets take a long ride and see how she runs and even more how she sounds. It's not what I expected. Boy did it take me back. Being an ex-farm boy the sound of a three cylinder diesel tractor cranked up in high gear out on the highway was always sweet. As I got older and switched to become a contractor again that 3 banger although this time on a backhoe again was sweet music. But on my bike???? My Buella, my sweet Buella!! A tractor????? Why not???? I mean this torque monster can pull out tree stumps. Why shouldn't she sound that way. I must admit that I never scraped the floor board on any of my tractors. But when it came time to pull, crack the throttle and boy did they pull. So my sweet Buella, you surprised me, but every time I call upon the ponies to pull. Pull they did. Downshift my Harley buddies. Buella needs to pull.

Sound of sweet Music.

:)You have found words to describe the sound of all our Rockets. I have also found the thrill of the three pistons pumping out their POWER/TORQUE when rolling on the throttle. Although I used a set of aftermarket mufflers made for HD in JC WHITNEY. they are 3" and 39" long for my Tourer. Great to hear/read the thrill in your post. k
Keep it on both wheels from South South Texas. :D

Absolutely love it. I adore the sound of that big triple rolling around town or at highway speeds, but when I take her from a cantor to a sprint the sound and feel is just as you described it.

I must admit, that I kind of always like the deceitfulness of the stock exhaust. Because she was so quiet no one ever knew what I was doing and the element of surprise always left them with their jaws dropped open. Now that they can hear me not much has changed. the element of surprise is a little less but the fact that Buella's in charge has never been more understood. Put her in the middle of the pack and she's telling everyone to move. Put her up front and she's saying goodbye, without even a whimper. As the Duck Danasty boys would say it. "SHE GONE"

The first time I went to my cousins house on the Rocket, I backed into his carport.

He said he thought he heard a bike, but wasn't sure who because he didn't recognize the sound. As I got under the carport, he asked his old lady if somebody had just pulled into the yard on a tractor. :D

The first time I went to my cousins house on the Rocket, I backed into his carport.

He said he thought he heard a bike, but wasn't sure who because he didn't recognize the sound. As I got under the carport, he asked his old lady if somebody had just pulled into the yard on a tractor. :D

LOl :p;):D

Always said that the TORS setup sounds like a cross between a Farmall Tractor and a NASCAR stocker to my ears, anyway. Glad it resonates so well with you, Merle!:D

always said that the tors setup sounds like a cross between a farmall tractor and a nascar stocker to my ears, anyway. Glad it resonates so well with you, merle!:d
sounds like a dodge cummins deisel to me i like the way my tors sound personally

Back