Those who have more than one bike

Gutless? Surely toque deficient. I have three bikes right now, and yes, the 41-year-old XS650 is no comparison to the R3. But it has it's own personality and worth in others areas than torque.

The new Road king is likewise less torquey than the R3 but it is still fun to ride.

I find that each bike speaks to me, or doesn't, in ways unrelated to numbers and specifications.

But also I didn't buy the Rocket because of the big engine. I replaced two bikes - a Speedmaster and a Sprint ST - with one that filled both of those roles for me.

I just bought an Indian Pursuit and I'm pretty happy with the way it runs. It's no Rocket but it pulls hard for a touring bike.
IMG_7900.jpg

My crf250l feels like a bicycle now.... and when I had to test a Harley for a friend, well, all works so if this is what you want its fine... but the performance is very disappointing

Excellent thread! Even after upgrading my 2015 rocket at Carpenter Racing, I purchased a BMW S1000RR to carve canyons here in Colorado. The ride of the S1K is totally different than the rocket. Surely not gutless. It is not modified other than an exhaust and an ECU flash. It has nowhere near the torque of the rocket but since its power to weight ratio is so vastly different, it still scoots very nicely. The BMW was also designed to perform well in areas the rocket was not designed to perform well in.

I think you would have a great time having a Z900 or similar to scoot around on. It reminds me of the saying "its more fun to ride a "slow" bike fast".

I just got a Diavel V4 and I absolutely love it. I loved my Rocket 3R as well. To me it was the perfect bike.. there where just things that nagged me about it over time and honestly I get bored and want to get something new every 3 years or so. But I would say the Diavel can keep up with the rocket with no issue. A skilled rider can demolish on either one. Things I won’t miss about the Rocket and made me decide to not keep it as a second bike are the handle bars require a little lean forward which is really annoying on long trips and I did not like the GT handle bar look enough to switch to it. The dash was always meh … I really wish they made it into a single tablet style. The lack of after market options. The way all the silver bits start to tarnish and there is no easy way to clean them .

The things I really will miss… the weight keeping it stable on a windy day on the highway, the planted feeling due to the massive tires and of course that engine. This community has always been amazing to me and will miss that as well. Lots of humble folks who were very welcoming. Wish I had the garage space to keep both and a marriage that can sustain two motorcycles :)

After riding the Rocket 3, do all others seem gutless?
That’s why I have 2 rockets now instead of a rocket n whatever the one with the clear windshield is getting painted purple and stripped down currently

Attachments

• IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1410.jpeg
    IMG_1410.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5301.jpeg
    IMG_5301.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5300.jpeg
    IMG_5300.jpeg